Outcast Outcast 4s leaking shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangken

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 4s
I just purchased an Outcast 4s for my wife for mother’s day. I pulled it out of the box to adjust the steering inside my house and noticed the front right shock is leaking oil. I didn’t even drive it outside and the shock has oil all over it. Bummer.

Anyone know of any shock upgrades available?

From eye to eye I’m getting the following measurements:

Front: 4 3/16” (106-107mm)
Rear: 4 11/16” (119mm)

Attachments

• 548A211B-EADB-486B-B312-1B88F23BFA03.jpeg
    548A211B-EADB-486B-B312-1B88F23BFA03.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 809FF84A-8E88-49B9-A71A-D7EFEDCE2AB6.jpeg
    809FF84A-8E88-49B9-A71A-D7EFEDCE2AB6.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 83
I just purchased an Outcast 4s for my wife for mother’s day. I pulled it out of the box to adjust the steering inside my house and noticed the front right shock is leaking oil. I didn’t even drive it outside and the shock has oil all over it. Bummer.

Anyone know of any shock upgrades available?

From eye to eye I’m getting the following measurements:

Front: 4 3/16” (106-107mm)
Rear: 4 11/16” (119mm)
I would get a set of Typhon 6s shocks.

Arrma must be considering the shocks on their 3S and 4S throw aways. I rarely see where anyone hasn't had one leak. Out of the 12 shocks on 3, 3S vehicles, I had 10 leak.

Was able to find the Typhon 6s front length which is 107mm which works!

How long are the Typhon rears?

Found a set of v4 Talion 6s shocks on eBay.
Front are listed at 4 1/4” and rear are 4 7/8”. These seem really close too. Would these work too?

Thanks for the help!

Was able to find the Typhon 6s front length which is 107mm which works!

How long are the Typhon rears?

Found a set of v4 Talion 6s shocks on eBay.
Front are listed at 4 1/4” and rear are 4 7/8”. These seem really close too. Would these work too?

Thanks for the help!
Yes but the springs might be a bit stiff.

Thanks guys! Ordered up a set of Talion v4 6s shocks on The Bay. I will report on how they work. Pretty disappointed in the quality of the stockers.

Since the Outcast 4s already uses the big bore 16mm plastic shocks, couldn’t I just swap my stock springs over? Thanks!
I'm not sure if the 4s springs will fit. They might. The Tailon shock lengths are very close to tje typhon v3 but the springs are stiff. If you get the tailon shocks all you need to do is then just buy the typhon v3 springs. They're on the armma website and are really cheap. I couldn't find typhon shocks and got the tailon shocks instead and swapped the springs and it's running great on my Granite. You could get the tailon shocks and then try the 4s springs, and if they don't fit then get the typhon springs

Same design, same problems. I'm surprised more aren't having that problem. Considering the increased weight (mostly tires) The Talion shocks might do well but the Typhon v3 I truggified with a few sets of 3.8 tires (for the Kraton 4s look) is performing well with the its stock shocks. It's well over 9 lbs with the larger tires. Thankfully the Typhon springs are readily available.

Thanks guys! Ordered up a set of Talion v4 6s shocks on The Bay. I will report on how they work. Pretty disappointed in the quality of the stockers.
What was the status of the spring fitment? Did they work? Just bought a set of v6 Typhon shocks just now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back