Outcast Outcast 4s motor spins no drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrickmanson

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hi all first rc car so no experience at all. I'm having an issue where the motor spins but will not drive the wheels. Wheels spin manually and are all connected which suggests the driveshaft and diffs are are ok. The power isnt transferring from the motor to the driveshaft but I have no idea how/what to check. Any help appreciated!

I tried uploading a video so you could hear the motor spinning but I am unable to upload mp4 files.

Sounds like the pinion is no longer screwed to the motor shaft. I’d check that first. If that is the issue, make sure you position the grub screw over the flat part of the shaft and add a little dot of blue thread locker when you re-tighten.

Sounds like the pinion is no longer screwed to the motor shaft. I’d check that first. If that is the issue, make sure you position the grub screw over the flat part of the shaft and add a little dot of blue thread locker when you re-tighten.
Thanks for that. Please excuse my ignorance but can you point me to a step by step guide on how to do that? How much of the car do I need to pull apart to do it? Thanks!

No problem! We’ve all been new to the hobby at some point in the past.

This video actually shows you how to change the pinion, but the process is essentially the same. Should be relatively simple for you, and a good place to start getting to know your new truck. Hope that helps!

Did the vehicle work before it started to do this? Possibly the slipper clutch came loose?

Going to have to pull the power module out of the vehicle to check.. but I'd say either slipper is burned or loose, or as stated above the pinion is no longer keyed to the motor shaft... if I had to guess, I'd say slipper clutch issue...

Welcome to the forum by the way...

Sounds like the slipper clutch is loose. Take out the center driveshaft and insert a 2mm hex into the red spline. Hold the hex still and gently roll the truck forward until the rear wheels start to skid and no longer turn. Put the shaft back in and try to drive. If that fixes it, you will likely need to remove the slipper entirely and add a dab of thread locker on that screw from the back side of the slipper hub. Let it cure at least 24 hours. Then reassemble and you should be good.

My brand new Outcast 4s had the pinion come loose from the motor shaft within the first 5 minutes of run. Put some blue loctite on the grub screw of the pinion to hold it on the motor shaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back