Outcast Outcast 4s owners. Better than the Kraton 4s and 6s metal chassis Arrmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
So I caved in today and ordered a new Outcast 4s. The question is, does it have the same slipper clutch issues like the 4s Kraton? I honestly think from what I have seen and heard, that the 4s Outcast is more durable than the 4s Kraton. I'm more of a monster truck fan anyways. So who's your 4s Outcast doing? It took me hours to even find one online. As soon as I found it, I bought it since it was the only one available. I'm going to replace my Outcast 6s with the 4s, because honestly, it breaks too much (the 6s one). Even with the few upgrades that I have made for the 6s (shock towers, chassis braces),it still breaks too much for my kind of driving. My other lighter plastic chassis vehicles =Kaijus, Traxxas X-Maxx 8s and Maxx 4s break way less when I do bad landings, tumbles and the skateparks. That's what I have noticed with the Outcast 4s and it's plastic chassis. Am I wrong? Thanks for any input. I know that I'll have to upgrade the radio, bearings and servo most likely on the Outcast 4s but that is no biggie.

The clutch is intimidating but once you use the right threadlock and know how to set it from dsy one it that issue is out of the window. Personally my kraton 4s is a tank vs my typhon who is 1 month old i snaped the wing,wing mount 2 arms vs my kraton one chassi in the last month(kissed a tree almost full speed) and thats pretty much it still having the original wing but starting to crack after a year stock arms are spot on diff holding nicely now. The outcast will be more durable because of the short wheel base you wont suffer the chassi snaping like on the kraton because lack of impact absorbtion in the front. The only thing that could break in a tumble and cartwheels heh.... idk mate i never broke my 4s on a tumple or in a long cartwheel? i honestly really belive my place is in the 4s line im not really happy with my truggified typhon.

The clutch is intimidating but once you use the right threadlock and know how to set it from dsy one it that issue is out of the window. Personally my kraton 4s is a tank vs my typhon who is 1 month old i snaped the wing,wing mount 2 arms vs my kraton one chassi in the last month(kissed a tree almost full speed) and thats pretty much it still having the original wing but starting to crack after a year stock arms are spot on diff holding nicely now. The outcast will be more durable because of the short wheel base you wont suffer the chassi snaping like on the kraton because lack of impact absorbtion in the front. The only thing that could break in a tumble and cartwheels heh.... idk mate i never broke my 4s on a tumple or in a long cartwheel? i honestly really belive my place is in the 4s line im not really happy with my truggified typhon.
I spent like $100+ to truggify my v3 Typhon 6s and it's more durable than my K6S and Outcast 6s. I don't break wings anymore. It's been a long time since I do that. But since I make my Typhon fly high I have bent the center shaft, broken front and rear lower control arms (yes it flies that high) and even popped off a plastic shock cap (replaced with metal ones). I had a granite for a few months and didn't have slipper clutch issues. Maybe because the granite blx is lighter?
My order got canceled by eBay. No more Outcast 4s anywhere in stock. Bummer.

Last edited:
I spent like $100+ to truggify my v3 Typhon 6s and it's more durable than my K6S and Outcast 6s. I don't break wings anymore. It's been a long time since I do that. But since I make my Typhon fly high I have bent the center shaft, broken front and rear lower control arms (yes it flies that high) and even popped off a plastic shock cap (replaced with metal ones). I had a granite for a few months and didn't have slipper clutch issues. Maybe because the granite blx is lighter?
My order got canceled by eBay. No more Outcast 4s anywhere in stock. Bummer.
I think it has to do with the metal spur metal vibrates more than plastic and gets hoter than plastic causing threadlock to fail thats why blue is good for crap in my case i use only red and i never had to heat anything up i just don't flood the dam thing if i want to take it out like a hex set screww but i put more on a pinion grub screw for example i don't think i will ever go back to blue

My typhon 3s electronics heat like a volacano on stock pinion baterry lasts from 10-15mins vs 25min on my kraton 4s on same lipo diff started sunning funny regreased it yesterday the sun gear is in a limit okay state i have made the mesh tighter by putting 2 0.2shims instead of one and still spins free proving even more my theory about tight mesh with a new diff my kraton diff still looks like new in the rear since i did that i really think getting an outcast 4s the typhon costed me so far maybe 600$? And to make it into a 4s going to end up with almost anotehr kraton something i want to avoid im going to be on the 800$ mark at that point just sell it

i cant try finding you an outcast 4s

I think it has to do with the metal spur metal vibrates more than plastic and gets hoter than plastic causing threadlock to fail thats why blue is good for crap in my case i use only red and i never had to heat anything up i just don't flood the dam thing if i want to take it out like a hex set screww but i put more on a pinion grub screw for example i don't think i will ever go back to blue

My typhon 3s electronics heat like a volacano on stock pinion baterry lasts from 10-15mins vs 25min on my kraton 4s on same lipo diff started sunning funny regreased it yesterday the sun gear is in a limit okay state i have made the mesh tighter by putting 2 0.2shims instead of one and still spins free proving even more my theory about tight mesh with a new diff my kraton diff still looks like new in the rear since i did that i really think getting an outcast 4s the typhon costed me so far maybe 600$? And to make it into a 4s going to end up with almost anotehr kraton something i want to avoid im going to be on the 800$ mark at that point just sell it

i cant try finding you an outcast 4s
Yeah the Outcast 4s is pretty much a unicorn right now. I saw it so many times at the LHS and now it's gone everywhere. It's always like that. The LHS still has the Granite blx in stock. I might just snatch that one before it's gone too. The Granite Blx is also a Unicorn. But I know myself. I'm going to be wanting that 4s power of the Outcast ?

Yeah the Outcast 4s is pretty much a unicorn right now. I saw it so many times at the LHS and now it's gone everywhere. It's always like that. The LHS still has the Granite blx in stock. I might just snatch that one before it's gone too. The Granite Blx is also a Unicorn. But I know myself. I'm going to be wanting that 4s power of the Outcast ?
I might buy the unicorn today i have 2 brushless motors minikawa lps and truggified typhon that i can trade for the outcast 4s brand new idk what my typhon is worth 2 months old truggieied with pivot balls besrings servo an tbone upgrades

I might buy the unicorn today i have 2 brushless motors minikawa lps and truggified typhon that i can trade for the outcast 4s brand new idk what my typhon is worth 2 months old truggieied with pivot balls besrings servo an tbone upgrades
Wait, your LHS has one in stock? (Outcast 4s)

Wound up trading my Kraton 4s due to slipper clutch issues. Hope the outcast does better for you( watch the front bumper landings as it'll loosen that clutch in a heartbeat). Have to agree with arrmarookie43 that the typhon can be darn near indestructible with a few upgrades.

Wait, your LHS has one in stock? (Outcast 4s)
Im in canada so?
C604514B-C956-491A-8683-3BE3B3F932DF.png

I went with a K8S instead. I can't believe that was easier to find than the O4S. ?

Slippers are for trippers

I've got all of these except the typhoon. Once you get the slipper sorted, then your gonna start breaking rear slider driveshafts. These are indestructible in the granite, but they can't take the 4s power and added weight of the O4s and K4s. You will also smooth out some rear diffs along the way. Never had issues in the front though.

I've got all of these except the typhoon. Once you get the slipper sorted, then your gonna start breaking rear slider driveshafts. These are indestructible in the granite, but they can't take the 4s power and added weight of the O4s and K4s. You will also smooth out some rear diffs along the way. Never had issues in the front though.
Your clutch is still too tight because i never poped them once in my k4S its a torque monster atm on 15t. Unless you did a weird landing and it made the driveshaft pop out but if you are running stock arms it should never happen the 4s upgraded shafts are bling bling to me i know a youtuber whi runs is K4s on 6s and he never mentioned something wrong with the stock shafts he never upgraded them unless you have metal yokes front and rear and running on 6s with a tight slipper clutch you don't need upgraded shafts they were well designed thats why i choosed arrma after i broke one arm with the traxxas money pits 3s

Edit: once the driveshaft pops out they will keep poping out because the plastic is weakened they will need to be remplaced

I’d consider selling my outcast 4s I kinda want one of the new Keaton exb’s :)

Attachments

• 34A57457-E494-49AE-8AB6-D1466B0C8807.jpeg
    34A57457-E494-49AE-8AB6-D1466B0C8807.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 56
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back