Outcast Outcast 4s - recommendations for battery, servo, other necessities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonUF02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
Looking to buy the Outcast 4s (downgrading from a heavily upgraded 6s)

1) What 4s batteries are you using? I see them anywhere from $45 to $100. I'm not a battery snob, the affordable HRB from Amazon are doing just fine in my 6S.

2) Does it fit a standard servo? I may just use my current Savox 1256tg which has worked well as a direct replacement in the 6s. I'm assuming all stock Arrma servos are just crap.

3) I'm going to grab the RPM arms, I'm a big fan, the arms seem to be the weak link so far on the 4s truck. Any other necessities? I see a lot of complaints about bearings, but I'm not going to take time to tear it down day 1 and replace all the bearings.

Other than this, I need to look into what bumpers are available - RPM or TBR.

1. You answered that yourself. ??
2. Yes. And not all Arrma servos are crap, just less than ideal. The one in there ain’t half bad though.
3. RPM arms good, bearings bad. In a perfect world you’d just drive on asphalt and never get the bearings dirty. But you’re not going to do that. Swapping bearings is more a preventative measure when you do it so soon. The last thing you want is a seized bearing melting your knuckle or worse, killing your motor.

This battery has 200mah more and $6 less than the HRB 4s. Spec is the same, so thinking I may try it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZNXGGG...olid=13F0KONHJFVNM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'll probably just drop in my Savox servo day 1.

I'll replace the full bearings as soon as I get time to do it.

I see RPM does not have a bumper. The front bumper from T-bone looks pretty good, that's something I always get without question is a strong front bumper.

I really wish this body came in some other color, the gold is pretty ugly. I guess I'll take the current $40 discount and put it towards painting my own custom color body.

Looking to buy the Outcast 4s (downgrading from a heavily upgraded 6s)

1) What 4s batteries are you using? I see them anywhere from $45 to $100. I'm not a battery snob, the affordable HRB from Amazon are doing just fine in my 6S.

2) Does it fit a standard servo? I may just use my current Savox 1256tg which has worked well as a direct replacement in the 6s. I'm assuming all stock Arrma servos are just crap.

3) I'm going to grab the RPM arms, I'm a big fan, the arms seem to be the weak link so far on the 4s truck. Any other necessities? I see a lot of complaints about bearings, but I'm not going to take time to tear it down day 1 and replace all the bearings.

Other than this, I need to look into what bumpers are available - RPM or TBR.
1) SMC are a little higher cost but are super light. I would say it’s worth the extra few dollars in parts not broken due to extreme weight.

2) Standard servo fits fine. It mounts upside down so even really tall servos fit just fine.

3) Arms, rubber sealed bearings, including the four bushings in the steering rack, HR pivot balls, HR wheel hubs, and radio of course.
This battery has 200mah more and $6 less than the HRB 4s. Spec is the same, so thinking I may try it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZNXGGG...olid=13F0KONHJFVNM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'll probably just drop in my Savox servo day 1.

I'll replace the full bearings as soon as I get time to do it.

I see RPM does not have a bumper. The front bumper from T-bone looks pretty good, that's something I always get without question is a strong front bumper.

I really wish this body came in some other color, the gold is pretty ugly. I guess I'll take the current $40 discount and put it towards painting my own custom color body.
T-bone bumper is better than nothing, but it’s a poor design. It’s held on by two screws that pull through the soft plastic really quickly.

1) SMC are a little higher cost but are super light. I would say it’s worth the extra few dollars in parts not broken due to extreme weight.

HR pivot balls, HR wheel hubs, and radio of course.

T-bone bumper is better than nothing, but it’s a poor design. It’s held on by two screws that pull through the soft plastic really quickly.

I do have a Traxxas bluetooth radio and TSM receiver that I would like to use. I'll have to check and see if the RX box dimensions are out there. It was a problem on the 6s models before they increased the size of the RX box. Don't hate until you try one, I like the ability to configure all the parameters via the app, and I can set the max power to any % quickly through the app if I want to hand it to a kid or novice.

I'll have to look into the pivot balls, I don't think that I've ever changed them from stock on anything. The hubs are nice, but I don't think it's really a necessity, usually one of the last things I buy when I just get the itch to blow some cash.

I'm familiar with SMC batteries, they are well respected. They have one for $65 in a hard case, but they add nearly $20 in shipping then it becomes expensive.
I found the HRB 4s 6000mah hard case on Amazon, I'll just have to change the connection, no big deal, I think I'm going with this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CT8Z9H...olid=13F0KONHJFVNM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

The part about the stock wheel hubs I don’t like is the silly flange nut. I prefer a 17mm hex nut that I can tighten properly

Looks like an M5 nut with a large flange, not sure where you see 17mm. I always use loctite on the wheel nuts after losing one or two and stripping a wheel on my 6s.

I was looking into the new Traxxas Maxx 4s truck, and it seems that it also has 5mm studs, but the wheels are actually standard 17mm hex. They have an adapter to fit the wheel to the stud, it allows some flexibility to use all 17mm hex wheels, may also be useful on other models like this one.

I pulled the trigger on the Outcast 4s. Found one on Ebay for $369 no tax, then I get 8% Ebay bucks back, and 3% cash back with Samsung Pay. I also picked up a 4s 6000mah 50c lipo by Goldbat for only $29.99 I couldn't refuse at that price, and both sets of RPM arms to start. I'll buy a bearing set when the Ebay bucks come back to me. Total spend was $421, or about $375 after all the incentives come back.

Just want to report back that the Goldbat 6000mah 55c 4s battery I bought is working just fine. I snagged a new one off Ebay for only $29.99, but they're higher right now. I had to switch the deans connector to XT90 that I also switched on the truck.

A lot of people have not heard them, a little heavy, but pack a punch, low resistance, Rhino batteries, sold by Hobbyking.

I use them on my EDF jets, its the only batteries that sustain loops on the jet during the whole pack and run cool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back