Outcast Outcast 4s runaway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i have had the same issue with two different radios with my Kraton 6s V4. Came with the stx2 that everyone hates and I had no problems with it on probably 10 runs. I read all the stuff about that Tx Rx and decided i wanted a nicer set up for my 550 dollar rig so I bought a flysky it4s and it was fine for about 5 or 6 runs and boom it takes off on me at a beach parking lot and heads for a canal and im freaking out. No control whatsoever and the only thing that saved me is there was a huge dirt field that was all mud from alot of recent rain and it got hung up in there. Changed to another radio that ive used many times on another car and never had any issues with and today she takes off after about 5 minutes into a stand of trees. Once again no control and 50 some mph probably, jumps a walking path and enters the trees about 5 feet off the ground like it hated me and was trying to escape. Luckily it hit some soft bushes and flipped wheels up and no damage. So my opinion its not the radio. Atleast with my rig. Im sure the cheap radios cause it sometimes but something else is happening with mine and probably alot of others. don't want to lose something i have probably 1000 dollars in including upgrades.

Last edited:
So i have had the same issue with two different radios with my Kraton 6s V4. Came with the stx2 that everyone hates and I had no problems with it on probably 10 runs. I read all the stuff about that Tx Rx and decided i wanted a nicer set up for my 550 dollar rig so I bought a flysky it4s and it was fine for about 5 or 6 runs and boom it takes off on me at a beach parking lot and heads for a canal and im freaking out. No control whatsoever and the only thing that saved me is there was a huge dirt field that was all mud from alot of recent rain and it got hung up in there. Changed to another radio that ive used many times on another car and never had any issues with and today she takes off after about 5 minutes into a stand of trees. Once again no control and 50 some mph probably, jumps a walking path and enters the trees about 5 feet off the ground like it hated me and was trying to escape. Luckily it hit some soft bushes and flipped wheels up and no damage. So my opinion its not the radio. Atleast with my rig. Im sure the cheap radios cause it sometimes but something else is happening with mine and probably alot of others. don't want to lose something i have probably 1000 dollars in including upgrades.
Check your motor fan contact my rc took off twice because of a short in my fan they soldered it bad and the wire started to break and positive and negatjve started touching ? unplugged the fan. Im 90% sure its a short sonewhere causing the esc to go full throttle

Check your motor fan contact my rc took off twice because of a short in my fan they soldered it bad and the wire started to break and positive and negatjve started touching ? unplugged the fan. Im 90% sure its a short sonewhere causing the esc to go full throttle
Thank you, will do. Gonna really look into it tomorrow and hopefully you are right and I can be a little more confident in it because at this point im scared to death to run it. Hopefully I find something like youre saying. Thanks again.

I never had an rc took off on me ever only the stx and when i had a fan short i use the dumborc and tatctic ttx300
Look at everything look at the wires connected to your receiver because keep in mind your esc responds to what your reveiver is telling the esc to do if you take out the receiver the car will never move by itself ever so its your receiver going bunkers and saying to the esc go full throttle while you are in reality not giving that command

You have something going on with your truck, double check all connections on all the electronics, both of them new radios shouldn't have that same issue. It could be something as simple as weak batteries in the radio. Hope you sort it out as I had problematic STX2s myself.

You have something going on with your truck, double check all connections on all the electronics, both of them new radios shouldn't have that same issue. It could be something as simple as weak batteries in the radio. Hope you sort it out as I had problematic STX2s myself.
Thx yea i checked everything last night and found no issues with the wiring or anything to do with that. The fan wires have been mentioned. The fan is connected to the esc via a jst plug and everything on it looked solid. Ive heard people say to recalibrate the esc and rebind. I didnt set up the fail safe on the other two radios when i changed them out so lesson learned on that front. so I set the failsafe last night and hopefully thats my issue. After some testing if i continue to have issues I will start my own thread I guess. Im still learning as i haven't been doing this for 20 years like some. Thanks for everyones help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back