Outcast Outcast 4S shocks - How are they fairing and compatibility.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stimpy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey up,

Bought me a 4S Outcast months ago and only just got round to soldering the right battery connector on!...

I'm just wondering how the shocks are fairing for folks? It will mostly be skatepark abuse and launching. I understand a few folks have swapped out to Talion shocks? Which version were these?

I had also wondered that if these are reasonable then perhaps I could fit them on my 3S Granite.... Perhaps I'll ask on another thread.

Thanks

4S shocks have been good for anyone who’s taken time to post about them.

Cool thanks. As with most forums one generally only hears about the negative aspects so if they've not had a slagging then they must be reasonable.... I certainly like their design.

I may still put them on my Granite 3S - I couldn't stop those Arrma shocks from leaking on that sadly....

Nice video BB!... I see once you broke the support the steering turned into a kid seeker! hehe...

Whilst admittedly you did do some smashing, I'd say your jumping has come a long way since the first vid I watched of yours.(y)

Nice video BB!... I see once you broke the support the steering turned into a kid seeker! hehe...

Whilst admittedly you did do some smashing, I'd say your jumping has come a long way since the first vid I watched of yours.(y)
Thank you ???

Hey up, just to update here....

So I found that they leaked for me, not sure if it's the cooler temperatures here in the UK or what. And to be fair, 2 have been fine but 2 poor no matter what..

I have now ordered the HR bodies as I like the shocks otherwise and they feel right on the truck.

Just wondering does anyone know what weight shock oil Arrma put in the Outcast?

Thanks

Mine still doing really well
Changed the oil 2-3 times for tuning

So I found that they leaked for me, not sure if it's the cooler temperatures here in the UK or what. And to be fair, 2 have been fine but 2 poor no matter what..

I have now ordered the HR bodies as I like the shocks otherwise and they feel right on the truck.

Thanks
30wt oil
Salty water can destroy a lot of stuff main reason i avoid water just makes everything discusting

The 4s shocks are prone to leak just as much as the 3s ones, out of 8. I had 2 leak, one in the box.

Thanks
Screenshot_20191119-080625_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

The issues with the 3s and 4s shock line is the way they are manufactured for assembly.. the o-ring housing has a lid that snaps on to compress the o-rings, the pressure exerted on the o-rings is not enough to properly seal the shaft.. a washer or two can be added to the assembly under the plastic cap to compensate and add more pressure... only so much pressure can be added before the cap doesn't latch anymore, wish they had molded a land for the cap to sit against when tightening, many of the leaky shock issues we see wouldnt be a problem.. the hr shock bodies do incorporate the land machined into the body to provide adequate pressure for sealing, as well as nice o-rings...

That being said my biggest gripe about the 4s and 3s line isnt the leaking, its the shock shafts with the molded rod ends... ?‍♂️ I'm waiting on some standard style 4mm shafts, and will be using the nero 6s rod ends and spring perches...it will be so nice to just unscrew the rod end and install a new one.. (if they even break anymore)

Another thing to note if changing the shafts or switching to the hr bodies is that the land for the piston is not deburred from the factory.. they have an extremely sharp hard edge and can tear the o-rings on assembly if not careful... I typically take some 800-1000 grit and knock back that hard edge so I know for sure no matter what they wont tear at the o-ring..

Thanks chaps.

So somewhere between 30 & 40wt! I have to say it felt thicker than 30wt, FHE_nld - what is that spec shot? Is it for the Outcast 4S?

On another note, what other weights have folded tried with the standard shocks?.

Camaroboy - I'm with you on the shock shafts and moulded lowers... They do look cool, but expensive when they break. No doubt we could find some other shafts to fit I'm sure?..

Thanks chaps.

So somewhere between 30 & 40wt! I have to say it felt thicker than 30wt, FHE_nld - what is that spec shot? Is it for the Outcast 4S?

On another note, what other weights have folded tried with the standard shocks?.

Camaroboy - I'm with you on the shock shafts and moulded lowers... They do look cool, but expensive when they break. No doubt we could find some other shafts to fit I'm sure?..

I should have the shafts figured out in the next couple weeks.. I will keep you posted for sure

Thanks chaps.

Yes, spec shot is for the 4S line, taken from the arrma website.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back