Outcast Outcast 4S throttle limit speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pendulum_rc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all, totally new here and have a question about the latest model Outcast 4S.

I wanted to get my 5 year old son a Granite Voltage and maybe an Outcast 4S for myself. I know that inevitably my son will want to drive the Outcast, so I’d really need to turn the throttle way down.

This would also be helpful for myself at first as I’m new to lipo powered bashers. My fastest RC is an old Tamiya brushed rally car.

I see that it’s possible on the stock radio, but how fast is the Outcast with the throttle limited to 50%? Seems like it would still be pretty fast.

Option 2 is getting a Granite BLX 3S which I see also has a throttle limit like the Voltage. Or just get two of the Voltage.

Really would like to get into brushless but want to make sure I can make it as safe as possible. Thanks for reading.

The granite blx it great. You can run 2S also and 50% throttle so its not as fast. The outcast 4s can only run on 3s/4s and will be a lot faster.

The granite blx it great. You can run 2S also and 50% throttle so its not as fast. The outcast 4s can only run on 3s/4s and will be a lot faster.
Thanks for the reply! So the Granite sounds like a better option for now with 2s.

That being said, has anyone used a Spektrum DX5 radio or similar with these? I have a DX5 rugged and it looks like I might be able to reduce the throttle more than 50%. Not sure how fiddly it would be to set that up though. And another receiver would be an added expense.

Thanks for the reply! So the Granite sounds like a better option for now with 2s.

That being said, has anyone used a Spektrum DX5 radio or similar with these? I have a DX5 rugged and it looks like I might be able to reduce the throttle more than 50%. Not sure how fiddly it would be to set that up though.
You will need a dsmr receiver to be able to use the dx5. SR215 or SR315 is a good option.
https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-SR2...dchild=1&keywords=sr215&qid=1615751016&sr=8-1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back