Outcast 4s to Kraton 4s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
20191027_164116.jpg

All the parts that are needed to convert from outcast 4s to streched outcast with kraton chassis have arrived from Jenny's, started today wrenching the outcast 4s in parts, repaired some leaky shock (maybe I have to buy the schocks from the thypon) and the other parts need a lot of cleaning. The chassis from the kraton is waiting to get some parts.

Last edited:
I started this only to realize the mudguards and center shaft are different along w chassis and brace

Had a hell of a time removing the motor module

On YouTube looks easy but I had to hammer n pry it out

I started this only to realize the mudguards and center shaft are different along w chassis and brace

Had a hell of a time removing the motor module

On YouTube looks easy but I had to hammer n pry it out
The first time its has some sort of adhsive just use a flat screw driver to take it off i still do that when dirt gets between the motor module and the chassi and im unable to removewith my bare hands
View attachment 52069
All the parts that are needed to convert from outcast 4s to streched kraton have arrived from Jenny's, started today wrenching the outcast 4s in parts, repaired some leaky shock (maybe I have to buy the schocks from the thypon) and the other parts need a lot of cleaning. The chassis from the kraton is waiting to get some parts.
How is your rear diff doing?

I’m still waiting for parts

It was hard to get in n out on new chassis also

Least it won’t fall out
Lol

Idk if the 6s outcast body will be too wide when turning
I’m running 3.8 badlands tho

outcast 6s. 4s.
W 210. 189.
H125. 109
L470. 419mm

I’d like to use the 6s outcast body myself if it d fit
Width wise

I can trim the length
The wing hides the back anyways

I’d like to use the 6s outcast body myself if it d fit
Width wise

I can trim the length
The wing hides the back anyways
Agreed upon, I'd like the outcast body more than the kraton for the 4s models.
I have asked Rich D. how he did it with the body, he has made a steched outcast also.

The first time its has some sort of adhsive just use a flat screw driver to take it off i still do that when dirt gets between the motor module and the chassi and im unable to removewith my bare hands

How is your rear diff doing?
Rear diff for now no problems..

20191103_134424.jpg

Finished the build today and had a testdrive, much less wheely with this kraton 4S chassis but still possible if you want.
However the car rolled continues over when making hard turns left or right, so I have checked the shocks and they are leaking big time, never had these problems so I ordered a pair of aftermarket ones right away.

Last edited:
Could you tell me about that driveshaft?
I've been wanting to replace the "dog bones"
In my outcast 1/8.

Thx

View attachment 52675

Finished the build today and had a testdrive, much less wheely with this kranton 4s chassis but still possible if you want.
However the car rolled continues over when making hard turns left or right, so I have checked the shocks and they are leaking big time, never had these problems so I ordered a pair of aftermarket ones right away.

Agreed
It calms the wheelies down
Loosening the slipper up will reduce wheelies also

Mine is very stable as far as rollovers
I’m running 70wt shock fluid

Prob a bit too thick

I’m loving the stretched outcast more than the standard
Much more controllable and less twitchy
Could you tell me about that driveshaft?
I've been wanting to replace the "dog bones"
In my outcast 1/8.

Thx

This is for the 4s models
They come w plastic cv axles

The 6s outcast is prob different or the 4s guys would use the metal drivetrain from the 6s

Why do u want to change the dogbones ?

Agreed upon, I'd like the outcast body more than the kraton for the 4s models.
I have asked Rich D. how he did it with the body, he has made a steched outcast also.

Any reply back from rich d?

Any reply back from rich d?
Yes, please look at the comments from Rich D. below this youtube video.

I think if you would have bought the rebuild kit for the 4s shocks for 7.99$ it would have fix the leak problem. Mine still not leaking since day 1

I have bought them also..??

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back