Outcast Outcast 4s v2 - 1st run. Now needs a repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plam408

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Talion EXB
I took the Aarma Outcast 4s v2 first time out today. Didn't do any big jump or bashing. I noticed the lack of power. Then, I seen the rear axle came loose. I tried to push it back and screw back the 2mm screw but it popped off again.
I wasn't expecting to do any repairs after the first run.
What is the fix?
Thanks.

20230202_182540.jpg

20230202_182559.jpg

I took the Aarma Outcast 4s v2 first time out today. Didn't do any big jump or bashing. I noticed the lack of power. Then, I seen the rear axle came loose. I tried to push it back and screw back the 2mm screw but it popped off again.
I wasn't expecting to do any repairs after the first run.
What is the fix?
Thanks.

View attachment 275169

View attachment 275170
It looks like you lost or the grub screw came out that holds that into the diff. Been a while since I opened my 3S rig, which looks about the same. The diff housing needs to be opened to get to the diff so you can replace the grub screw "if" the set screw hole is not stripped out.

Let's see what those who know more than me say.... standby (y)

If you have a dremel, or even a small round or half-round file, put a very small notch in the differential housing, just enough to be able to get your hex driver into the grub screw. There's a small circular cutout on that differential output spline, line up the hole in the axle shaft with the cutout in the diff output spline, and snug down that grub screw. If it's not lined up, the grub screw won't be doing its job and, "you'll get what we have here, a failure to communicate"...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back