Outcast Outcast 4S V2 First Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
My Outcast finally showed up today (thanks for taking your sweet effing time, Fedex!)... before running it, I applied clear vinyl paint protector film to the hood and roof. Then I setup my mountain bike ramp, turned on the camera, and went for a rip. I'm a total noob when it comes to jumping... which should be painfully obvious in the video. And I'm very glad I put the wrap on it because it took a beating.

My Outcast finally showed up today (thanks for taking your sweet effing time, Fedex!)... before running it, I applied clear vinyl paint protector film to the hood and roof. Then I setup my mountain bike ramp, turned on the camera, and went for a rip. I'm a total noob when it comes to jumping... which should be painfully obvious in the video. And I'm very glad I put the wrap on it because it took a beating.

That ramp is a nice one.. begging for some big sends..😁... Enjoy that rig, and you will get the hang of it in no time..✌️

Hahaha yeah at this rate I'll be buying a new body as soon as Arrma decides to sell them separately. The clear vinyl is great but (1) I'm out of it now (more due next Monday... will it survive that long?) and it keeps landing on its lid, which isn't helping matters.

I wish I had more ROOM to run it. For Montana, you'd think there would be a lot more open space.. and there is if you're willing to drive 15-20 miles into the mountains (e.g. SxS).. but anywhere near town, forget it. All private property. I may head up into the mountains next weekend with it, my Ryft and my Capra.

There's a bike park in town, but it's honestly pretty lame. I wouldn't even want to ride it if I were a skateboarder.

Upside is I'm heading south end of the month (I'm a fullyime RVer) and am gonna spend a week at the St. Anthony Dunes. I bought paddles for my Fireteam and they'll fit the Outcast too. I also have paddles for the Ryft. Should be a good time. I kinda wanna see if either of them will climb Devil's Dune. See pic.. that's Devil's dune (view facing south) and that spec up at the top is a friend on his Raptor ATV. It's about a 65 deg slope.

2022-06-02 16-34-14.jpeg

Hahaha yeah at this rate I'll be buying a new body as soon as Arrma decides to sell them separately. The clear vinyl is great but (1) I'm out of it now (more due next Monday... will it survive that long?) and it keeps landing on its lid, which isn't helping matters.

I wish I had more ROOM to run it. For Montana, you'd think there would be a lot more open space.. and there is if you're willing to drive 15-20 miles into the mountains (e.g. SxS).. but anywhere near town, forget it. All private property. I may head up into the mountains next weekend with it, my Ryft and my Capra.

There's a bike park in town, but it's honestly pretty lame. I wouldn't even want to ride it if I were a skateboarder.

Upside is I'm heading south end of the month (I'm a fullyime RVer) and am gonna spend a week at the St. Anthony Dunes. I bought paddles for my Fireteam and they'll fit the Outcast too. I also have paddles for the Ryft. Should be a good time. I kinda wanna see if either of them will climb Devil's Dune. See pic.. that's Devil's dune (view facing south) and that spec up at the top is a friend on his Raptor ATV. It's about a 65 deg slope.

View attachment 241856
Gotta be honest, PPF is a waste of time on these RCs. Just get used to the fact that you're gonna destroy the shell. FWIW Jennys RC is a good source for replacement bodies, cheaper in the long run and they come with the roll hoop and body clips. I recently bought mine from them for less than a new body from HH.

Good idea on Jenny's. I'll have to keep an eye open for bodies. Since this thing is so new I bet it'll be a while before any appear.

Man this thing is a trip. I blew through a 5000mah 4S pack in about 15 minutes, at least I think I did... the ESC was flashing red and the book suggested that was LVC. Gonna try a 3S/8000 after dinner just for the heck of it.

After running this thing for a while, I have to wonder why I even have the Fireteam... except it's I already own it and selling it would be a loss, and IS a cool truck. It's just so heavy and big compared to the Outcast.

If I had more $$$$ I'd go get a Kraton too.... but damn I already have too many cars and a lot of credit card debt to show for it. :p

Good idea on Jenny's. I'll have to keep an eye open for bodies. Since this thing is so new I bet it'll be a while before any appear.

Man this thing is a trip. I blew through a 5000mah 4S pack in about 15 minutes, at least I think I did... the ESC was flashing red and the book suggested that was LVC. Gonna try a 3S/8000 after dinner just for the heck of it.

After running this thing for a while, I have to wonder why I even have the Fireteam... except it's I already own it and selling it would be a loss, and IS a cool truck. It's just so heavy and big compared to the Outcast.

If I had more $$$$ I'd go get a Kraton too.... but damn I already have too many cars and a lot of credit card debt to show for it. :p
Just buy a K4 chassis, center driveshaft, T2T brace, and body/wing kit. Swap out parts when you want more stability. 🤣
I think you're the 1st person that's ever compared the OC4 against a Fireteam. Pretty cool.
I bought my OC4 body through JennysRC, hell, I bought a complete roller.

Last edited:
The Fireteam is a neat machine. It was love at first sight. But I have a SxS so that's partly why (though mine isn't all that fast; however it'll crawl with the best of 'em)... but damn the Fireteam sure is sharp looking, and the military dudes with rifles adds to it. Plus that little sticker across the front of the roof: "If you can read this, it's already too late," is awesome.

I ran the Fireteam on 3S the whole time I've had it until yesterday when I ran it on a 4S pack for the first time... and holy crap that thing was fast! I can't even imagine it on 6S. I just don't have room here to attempt it. But what I like about it is how STABLE it is. It corners like crazy. I added the M2C ZRS shock caps to it to try to make it handle better on jumps, but haven't had a chance to test it yet. That MTB ramp I have is slick but it's not super convenient to setup and take down, so it doesn't happen that often. With the Outcast though, it will.

So then the Outcast... Imagine a Fireteam a bit smaller, lower, and looks like an old pickup truck. Except this thing is a wheelie monster too. It's stable just like the Fireteam, but ultimately the Fireteam would outclass it on a bumpy track (I think) due to it having more ground clearance and suspension travel. BUT, they're such very different vehicles, it's difficult to compare them like that.

HOWEVER... knowing what I know now, I could do without the Fireteam if I didn't already own it. But I do, and I still love it.

This is from Moab last October... the trail is Seven Mile Rim. It has 35" Fuel Gripper TRKs because every time I need tires I can never find Roxzillas in stock anywhere. 4200 miles and doing great.
View attachment 241895Kinda thought you had a KRX when you said "not the fastest but it'll crawl with the best..." 😁
Figured you had a KRX based on your description. 😁

Hey... if I turn up the braking a bit, would it compromise in-air control? I notice that when it's hauling ass and I have to get on the brakes for whatever reason, it doesn't stop anywhere near as quick as I'd like.

Hey... if I turn up the braking a bit, would it compromise in-air control? I notice that when it's hauling ass and I have to get on the brakes for whatever reason, it doesn't stop anywhere near as quick as I'd like.
I'm no expert but, to my mind, it should make air control more responsive.

Depends on how far you go. From the sound of it your probably at the factory setting~37% increasing it to 50 may help and not cause issues.
Watch this video from @razorrc . He shares his thoughts on brake settings for this truck.

I'm no expert but, to my mind, it should make air control more responsive.
I could be miataken here but I think in general less brake is better for air control. Too much will cause over correction while in air, unless you want to do triple front flips all the time. 😜

Last edited:
I could be miataken here but I think in general less brake is better for air control. Too much will cause over correction while in air, unless you want to to triple front flips all the time. 😜
You make a fair point. As stated, I'm no expert ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back