Outcast Outcast 4S V2 First Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many possibilities with blow and speed...
Now you're speaking my language :ROFLMAO: I used to go clubbing every weekend in the 90s and early 00s.
season 1 episode 6 GIF by Portlandia

I wouldn't think brake settings would have much of an effect on air control.

There's no resistance while the truck is in the air, so even the lowest brake setting would immediately stop the tires.

I haven't tested that theory though.

I re-watched that video... he seems to be leaving it at the stock setting, even said he'd prefer a little less.

Having seen that and read other replies here, I will leave it alone.

I tried to pull the motor out this morning... I wanted to see if it was full of dirt like some people say has been happening (and they put a hole in the chassis to let it out; others put tape over the opening in the bottom of the motor case)... but could NOT get it to pop free and I was afraid I'd break something. This was after removing the center brace, the driveshaft, the battery, the little red thing, and trying to pry up that "pull here" tab. Oh well, perhaps later.

I also have the M2C motor mount/brace thing to put in...

The first couple times pulling the modules is a pain.. get behind the module with a screwdriver, one side at a time back and forth and walk the module out...

Candle wax applied to the dove tails will make removal a little easier in the future as well.. đź‘Ť

Rob, what's your thoughts on the stock suspension setting. I just finished putting mine together and man this thing sags ALOT.

Seems okay to me but I haven't launched it much at all yet; I don't have anywhere to use it just yet but will soon. I just run it around camp. I did notice when it's sitting on the table that the suspension arms are completely parallel to the ground. You could raise it a bit with the shock spacers it comes with, but I haven't tried it yet.

Some videos say the suspension is fine out of the box. Another one I saw today claims they've cracked one or two chassis pans due to major sends, but that's odd since Rich Duperbash sends his stuff waaaay higher than anybody I've ever seen and hasn't broken anything yet.

Seems okay to me but I haven't launched it much at all yet; I don't have anywhere to use it just yet but will soon. I just run it around camp. I did notice when it's sitting on the table that the suspension arms are completely parallel to the ground. You could raise it a bit with the shock spacers it comes with, but I haven't tried it yet.

Some videos say the suspension is fine out of the box. Another one I saw today claims they've cracked one or two chassis pans due to major sends, but that's odd since Rich Duperbash sends his stuff waaaay higher than anybody I've ever seen and hasn't broken anything yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. Mine is basically the same way then. My V1 is a bit taller but I'm using T6 shock assemblies on the front and rear on that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back