Outcast Outcast 4s v2 roof skids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luigibell78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hey guys.

Just picked up a brand new blue v2 and literally within 5min of running it down the street it skidded on it's roof only to scratch the crap out of the bodyshell....

Ya it's part of the hobby but that sweet blue body looks like crap now.

Has anyone though of custom modifying the infraction 3s/6s roof skids to fit on the top of the body yet? The 3s one may line up pretty good with a few holes drilled into the roof?

Also...what components do you guys think it would take to mount the kraton v2 wheelie bar on the outcast? As cool as the wheelies are....I think it's a little to much and ends up on the roof more often....haha

Theses are great and I have them on most of my cars.

F8DC1A10-283C-49D9-B5C1-27BA44DEDFCA.jpeg

Theses are great and I have them on most of my cars.

I put that exact set on mine and it saved me on my first run. Just be careful where you mount them to allow space for the body clips. I put mine too close to the posts the first time.

20220831_211703.jpg

That's what I did too!

haha, at least I wasn't the only one. After I installed them, I went to put the clips in and thought "Oh, you dummy". They do work nice, though. Looks like you got some good scuffs on yours.

haha, at least I wasn't the only one. After I installed them, I went to put the clips in and thought "Oh, you dummy". They do work nice, though. Looks like you got some good scuffs on yours.
No, I just meant I used the same body skid set as you lol... sorry, you are the only one:ROFLMAO::cautious: but just like you said, saved me on the very first run

thanks guys....i will source out the proline roof set(y)....right now my local hobby shop shows out of stock.....and amazon canada is price gouging....so i will just have to wait.

thanks guys....i will source out the proline roof set(y)....right now my local hobby shop shows out of stock.....and amazon canada is price gouging....so i will just have to wait.
Is eBay any good in Canada? Should have them there…

So I bought and installed the proline roof skid/protector kit like some of you suggested. They look great and work well 👍👍

I also changed the wheelie bar frame to the one on the kraton 4s.

The stock outcast wheelie bar is just to high up for my taste... keeps flipping over...the kraton wheelie bar frame is lower and wider .. can do wheelies for 200+ feet👍👍😎

And I ditched the stock slt3 transmitter... using my radiolink rc6gs v2. The trigger response is much better 👍

Definitely a fun truck to run.👍👍👍

IMG_20220910_185535.jpg

IMG_20220910_185538.jpg

IMG_20220910_185543.jpg

These are the ones I came up with a long time ago.. I can't even count how many sets I've gotten rid of on eBay..

For me, moldable skids are just where it's at..😎

IMG_20220910_160126199_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220910_160205992_HDR.jpg

These are cool, do they actually hold up to some road rash? Looks like a fairly simple design too. 👍

They hold up quite well, they aren't hard plastic, so it takes alot to get them worn out..

The thing I like most about my design is how they are secured into the body.. The retaining nuts are shanked, and they expand when tightened.. no metal screw to lexan contact, so no rips or distortion in the body over time...👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back