Outcast Outcast 4s V2 set up questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Aloha from Hawaii! this is my first post in the forum and I just bought my first Arrma! (Second RC ever, have a Stampede 4x4 VXL)

I went with the Outcast 4s V2, as it looked like the most fun and a perfect fit for my purposes. I am new to Arrma and RC in general as I just started last year.

I went ahead and ordered the M2C chassis brace as it looked like a must have after reading some of the posts in here and on YouTube.

I’m looking to do alot of bashing there is a run down RC track and run down BMX track (both all dirt and both not in regular service but easy enough to access) about 20 minutes from my place. There are also a few skate parks with all concrete floors and ramps. I run on grass and dirt almost exclusively. Outside of the skate parks and occasional parking lot.

I like jumping (wanting to go 15-20’ high at max, but usually 10-12’ high off a ramp I just built, and maybe 30-40’ long on some of the old bmx jumps).

Is there anything else I should grab up front (motor mount, better shocks, etc.) to handle these jumps or will the stock set up with the M2C chassis brace be enough?

Also, is dirt and sand getting in the spur gear still a big issue with the production models? I saw some threads where it was a big deal for alot of people.

Are you still needing to put soft velcro or some padding around it? Or cut a whole in the chassis for it to fall out?

If so, would the M2C motor mount fix the issue?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered, I am still a newb.

I am super stoked and cant wait for the rig to get here!

Mahalo for all your help in advance!

Aloha from Hawaii! this is my first post in the forum and I just bought my first Arrma! (Second RC ever, have a Stampede 4x4 VXL)

I went with the Outcast 4s V2, as it looked like the most fun and a perfect fit for my purposes. I am new to Arrma and RC in general as I just started last year.

I went ahead and ordered the M2C chassis brace as it looked like a must have after reading some of the posts in here and on YouTube.

I’m looking to do alot of bashing there is a run down RC track and run down BMX track (both all dirt and both not in regular service but easy enough to access) about 20 minutes from my place. There are also a few skate parks with all concrete floors and ramps. I run on grass and dirt almost exclusively. Outside of the skate parks and occasional parking lot.

I like jumping (wanting to go 15-20’ high at max, but usually 10-12’ high off a ramp I just built, and maybe 30-40’ long on some of the old bmx jumps).

Is there anything else I should grab up front (motor mount, better shocks, etc.) to handle these jumps or will the stock set up with the M2C chassis brace be enough?

Also, is dirt and sand getting in the spur gear still a big issue with the production models? I saw some threads where it was a big deal for alot of people.

Are you still needing to put soft velcro or some padding around it? Or cut a whole in the chassis for it to fall out?

If so, would the M2C motor mount fix the issue?

Apologies if these questions have already been answered, I am still a newb.

I am super stoked and cant wait for the rig to get here!

Mahalo for all your help in advance!
Welcome to AF!!

Very nice! Yes, crap still gets in the motor module. The M2C motor mount/brace seems to help with a lot of that but soft Velcro surrounding the slot underneath the spur case works really good. You probably don’t need the M2C motor mount though because the 6 mm Arrma one that comes stock is really strong and you got the chassis brace also. It’s not a bad idea to drill a quarter inch hole or a slot underneath the spur also.

Make sure to do all the pre-run checks, top off the differentials with oil, as well as the shocks and check everything, especially the spur/pinion mesh and spur tightness. Happy bashing and welcome to the crazy farm!

Very nice! Yes, crap still gets in the motor module. The M2C motor mount/brace seems to help with a lot of that but soft Velcro surrounding the slot underneath the spur case works really good. You probably don’t need the M2C motor mount though because the 6 mm Arrma one that comes stock is really strong and you got the chassis brace also. It’s not a bad idea to drill a quarter inch hole or a slot underneath the spur also.

Make sure to do all the pre-run checks, top off the differentials with oil, as well as the shocks and check everything, especially the spur/pinion mesh and spur tightness. Happy bashing and welcome to the crazy farm!
Thank you! Good information, will make sure I do the pre-run checks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back