Outcast Outcast 4s V2 shock broke replace with same or Kraton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsieur_velo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Vendetta
Hi

Very happy with reliability of my Outcast after fitting bash bar but just smashed bottom of front shock attachment. Fitted 6s shocks to my Big Rock and loved the improvement. So is it worth fitting Kraton 6s shocks on the front of outcast or just replace with the Outcast ones. Ive seen both on eBay for same price. Also if I go for 6s do I need any additional hardware and are Kratons the one to buy?

I tend to bash jump car on BMX tracks, grass etc

Cheers

I think the spring seems to rub on rear and it definitely feels rougher than the kraton 6s springs I've transferred onto outcast from bigrock. Perhaps it's the spring rubbing on rear but I also think the 6s socks were doing a good job of keeping grit away from rod and seals.

Think I'm going to try the kraton front and rear. Heavier springs and damping oil might suit my poor duperbash attempts 😁😂🤣

PXL_20230210_214004392.jpg

I think the spring seems to rub on rear and it definitely feels rougher than the kraton 6s springs I've transferred onto outcast from bigrock. Perhaps it's the spring rubbing on rear but I also think the 6s socks were doing a good job of keeping grit away from rod and seals.

Think I'm going to try the kraton front and rear. Heavier springs and damping oil might suit my poor duperbash attempts 😁😂🤣

View attachment 277176

Looks like you need a bit more pre-load..
You max-ed out the stock clips.

Do you have access to a 3D printer?
If so, you can 3d print some better pre-load clips instead of the stock ones.

I put the Notorious 6s shocks on mine pretty sure all 6s shocks are the same. and really like them compared to stock, metal caps and adjustable screw preload. The other nice thing about them is the 6s shocks don't rub on the drive shaft with the different spring cup. The stock ones on mine the 2 plastic keeper tabs on the spring cups rub the drive shafts. Got them on Jennys for $50 for all 4 as well. I did reuse the stock springs, the front shocks are a little longer so I just adjusted the preload to fit them. You will also need the Axial bushings for the tops #AXIC1356 :)

Last edited:
Looks like you need a bit more pre-load..
You max-ed out the stock clips.

Do you have access to a 3D printer?
If so, you can 3d print some better pre-load clips instead of the stock ones.

Yeah I've been doing some bigger jumps on outcast. Typically off BMX berm onto grass. So I've just ordered the kraton exb shocks for rear. Heavier springs and thicker damping fluid. I will switch front outcast shocks onto my big rock rear. They did have kraton 6s exb on rear but they are now on front of Outcast.

I have Mojave 6s upfront on Big Rock so spring weight and damping fluid probably better match with Outcast on rear. We will see. The 6s shocks on big rock were big improvement over BR standard.

In UK they have started stripping cars and selling spares on eBay like Jenny's does in US. So it was only £35 for pair of kratons and Outcast gets kraton exb suspension in each corner and Big Rock gets pair of Outcast hand me downs to replace the exbs I stripped from it.

If I break outcast hand me downs again will have another 2 shocks for spares or will replace with another set of kratons exbs.

Anyway that's my shock strategy now lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back