Outcast outcast 6s 2019 on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonnynino

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hi guys new to the forum. is the outcast 6s fast enough on 4s? i want to do big jumps and backflips. also decent speed in the straights.
should i run the 16t pinion?

Thanks in adxance.

Hi guys new to the forum. is the outcast 6s fast enough on 4s? i want to do big jumps and backflips. also decent speed in the straights.

Thanks in adxance.
don't waste your time and money on 4s unless you are new to rc. In that case you can learn the rig on 4s.

Go 6s, run it around in a huge open field for a few packs to experience its handling characteristics before sending it.

I just put a 16t on mine but haven't been able to run it much. Seems faster than stock for sure. Looking for bigger airs!

Welcome to the forum @Lonnynino. The punch on an Arrma 8th scale is adjustable and comes preset at 4. Goes as high as 9. Get a 6s and run it stock, adjust as necessary. Worried about top end? Put a small piece of foam behind the trigger or adjust the throttle through the remote. With the Outcast, you'll want the control for jumping and flipping that the 6s offers, you'll just need to control yourself once you see it moving around wherever you drive it. If it was a different truck that you were planning to run flat and jump straight, you might have dropped a 4s first, but the Outcast needs the juice to accomplish what it was designed to do.

It's not bad on 4S. I ran mine like that for the first 6 months. I had proline trencher 3.8's which are heavier than stock. I had to run a 14T with a motor fan to avoid overheating it.

I now run 6S, same tires, but wrapped with kevlar string to avoid blowouts. I started with the 14T, but dropped to 13T as I was overheating before the end of a set of 6200mah packs.

For mine, I ran with the punch at 4 when on 4S. But with 6S, I had to crank it up to 8 or I was getting weird hesitation when gunning it up the face of a jump that was causing a lot of bad crashes.

The ESC and motor perform much better on 6s.
Not to mention if you are looking to do flips etc it really does better with 6s power. (not that it couldn't be done on 4s)

Just not really worth investing in a 4s pack to set it aside in a few months. Once you try 6s you will NEVER go back to 4s. You can keep everything safe by learning throttle control. The piece of foam or some zip ties behind the throttle trigger as recommended by @Notorious J is really great advice, since most of us have no self control and love POWER :ROFLMAO:

-Liberty

6s is addictive but 4s is good to learn on if you already have one and can still be fun running around. For stunts, jumping and flips, 6s is the ticket for that like everyone said above. It's not bad to have both lipos especially if one also has 4s rigs like myself.

@LibertyMKiii is right. I only ran mine on 4S because all I had at the time were 2S packs that I used for other trucks (e-revo brushless, savage flux hp, stampede 4x4, converted e-jato) and I didn't want to have multiple pack types/sizes to deal with. Then I tried 6S with a friends packs and was hooked. I've since converted my e-revo to a v2 with steel everything and big diffs to handle the power, regeared my savage flux and also started running 3S in my stampede and ejato. Granted, the packs I use in the two smaller trucks are smaller/shorter packs, so I conceded to the fact that I need 2 styles of 3S packs.

I still run dual 3S packs in my outcast as my erbe v2.0 and savage both use saddle style pack holders and I run the same packs in all 3 trucks.

thanks guys for the advise. at the moment i only have 2s and 4s lipos. and considering im spending just under £600 on initial purchase for outcast and upgrade parts i have no idea when i will be able to afford 6s. so if i its not enjoyable on 4s theres really not much point to get the outcast.
should i compromise and get the 4s version?

Thanks in adxance.
Hi I had a problem with my Nero big rock and I was using 6s so be careful if you use 6s.
Kindly I would like to change my BLX 2000kv motor from my Nero big Rock 6s because after I used it for a few times on 6s it seized up and i opened it and found the front bearings missing some ball bearings and i tried to contact Arrma support because it is still under warranty but they were of no help so i decided to replace it with another similar motor that is more durable and serviceable, can anyone tell me which motor I should put in
The big rock weighs around 6kg to make a comparison and I was running it on the std gear that came from the factory that I think was 16th too.

don't waste your time and money on 4s unless you are new to rc. In that case you can learn the rig on 4s.

Go 6s, run it around in a huge open field for a few packs to experience its handling characteristics before sending it.

I just put a 16t on mine but haven't been able to run it much. Seems faster than stock for sure. Looking for bigger airs!

What is the kv on your motor because mine was 2000kv and with the 6s it was seized after a couple of runs with the Arrma Nero Big Rock with a standard pinion?

What is the kv on your motor because mine was 2000kv and with the 6s it was seized after a couple of runs with the Arrma Nero Big Rock with a standard pinion?
I am still running the stock motor, 2050kv. There are a few factors that may have led to your motor issue. Gear mesh, may have gotten too hot, premature bearing failure...I am not an expert and do not know your specific setup.

I am still running the stock motor, 2050kv. There are a few factors that may have led to your motor issue. Gear mesh, may have gotten too hot, premature bearing failure...I am not an expert and do not know your specific setup.
I think it's more like a bearing failure, the problem is the motor is sealed and I can't replace the bearings because if it is the problem I would replace the bearings of my other motors. I tried to get in touch with Arrma support and Horizon Hobby and they were of no help although it is still under warranty so I am trying to find a more reliable brushless motor around 2000kv 6s and that could be maintained so I could replace the bearings every so much hours. I also will include a heat sink to keep the motor more cool especially if I can fit a cooling fan.

I think it's more like a bearing failure, the problem is the motor is sealed and I can't replace the bearings because if it is the problem I would replace the bearings of my other motors. I tried to get in touch with Arrma support and Horizon Hobby and they were of no help although it is still under warranty so I am trying to find a more reliable brushless motor around 2000kv 6s and that could be maintained so I could replace the bearings every so much hours. I also will include a heat sink to keep the motor more cool especially if I can fit a cooling fan.
The bearings are replaceable. It’s not an easy job, but it can be done. Search bread bearing repair.

thanks guys for the advise. at the moment i only have 2s and 4s lipos. and considering im spending just under £600 on initial purchase for outcast and upgrade parts i have no idea when i will be able to afford 6s. so if i its not enjoyable on 4s theres really not much point to get the outcast.
should i compromise and get the 4s version?
Get the 6s and run it on 4s. I guarantee you will still have fun. Watch Vas or Jay Tee on YouTube run that bitc@ on 4s and see for yourself.

Funny no one mentioned how 6s breaks parts over 4s. You can always get a lipo later. Get the truck, run it on 4s, learn how to drive, then go 6s.

The ESC and motor perform much better on 6s.
Not to mention if you are looking to do flips etc it really does better with 6s power. (not that it couldn't be done on 4s)

Just not really worth investing in a 4s pack to set it aside in a few months. Once you try 6s you will NEVER go back to 4s. You can keep everything safe by learning throttle control. The piece of foam or some zip ties behind the throttle trigger as recommended by @Notorious J is really great advice, since most of us have no self control and love POWER :ROFLMAO:

-Liberty

6s still has me cackling like a demon the whole time I'm ripping around just like day 1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back