Outcast Outcast 6s EXB Has Been Discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s enough to make you want to buy a Traxxas. o_O
Yup. The XRT out of the box has been way more durable than any 8s Arrma. And it actually STEERS. The steering on my 8s Arrmas SUCKS. My upgraded Xmaxx, after spending some good money too is very durable. Even with the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor. It was worth it. I don't feel the same about the Arrma 8s trucks. It's just my experience though. Would I buy another 8s Arrma and dump a whole bunch of money in it? Nah. It is what it is.
Almost… but I already have the best traxxas’s … and they both have Maxx in em.. lol

X-Maxx
Maxx 1/10
You just missing the XRT. I've yet to break anything on it after a few crashes and two runs. All I did was to add a MMX8S and bigger tires. I also use my own TX AND RX. It's the best out of the box experience I've ever had so far. Big, fun, and durable. Stock gearing 👍

Why are you spooked about it being discontinued? They discontinued the Senton 6s in 2019 and you can still get all the parts for it online.
And I think is one of the best Arrmas.

And I think is one of the best Arrmas.
Meh, I don't really care for short course trucks, I don't like the way they look, the way they drive and how they sound like a garbage can on wheels when you drive over rough ground.

Meh, I don't really care for short course trucks, I don't like the way they look, the way they drive and how they sound like a garbage can on wheels when you drive over rough ground.
But could be easily converted to a on road. A 6S 10th scale!.

how they sound like a garbage can on wheels when you drive over rough ground.
Couldn’t stop laughing at this cause I know exactly what you’re talking about.

It got better with the inner fenders. But I think part of it comes from the narrowish arms that have the aggressive angle that make a lot of the noise

They are little tanks ….

BEBBF0F2-53B7-4045-AAB3-B5D1CD67137C.jpeg

5000FC19-F8A4-4AE6-A9EF-4862DEE76838.jpeg

Ah, gotcha. Not sure if I've seen many pics of them side by side & I've only seen one 3s senton in person
Forgot to ad quote, see above ^^^

Last edited:
That's what I like about my Mojave 🤣. It's so different than my other rigs. And it slides on pavement. Hehe. It's just so much fun. I thought I wouldn't like it either until I drove it. It's so realistic too (the suspension).

That's what I like about my Mojave 🤣. It's so different than my other rigs. And it slides on pavement. Hehe. It's just so much fun. I thought I wouldn't like it either until I drove it. It's so realistic too (the suspension).
Agreed. I don't have one, I've been waiting for my time to come. But now I'm wondering if I should jump on the FT sale right now since it's hard to beat $340. I just don't want to do that and then then mojave goes on sale in a month...

Agreed. I don't have one, I've been waiting for my time to come. But now I'm wondering if I should jump on the FT sale right now since it's hard to beat $340. I just don't want to do that and then then mojave goes on sale in a month...
Where can you get a fireteam for $340!? 😳

Where can you get a fireteam for $340!? 😳
I’ve looked everywhere with multiple discounts .. I can’t find it for $340 anywhere

Or ask us. Most of us know these cars like the back of our hand.
Indeed. Excellent group here. There should be an advertising card for AF in every Arrma purchase. Indispensable for Arrma owners.
Yup. The XRT out of the box has been way more durable than any 8s Arrma. And it actually STEERS. The steering on my 8s Arrmas SUCKS. My upgraded Xmaxx, after spending some good money too is very durable. Even with the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor. It was worth it. I don't feel the same about the Arrma 8s trucks. It's just my experience though. Would I buy another 8s Arrma and dump a whole bunch of money in it? Nah. It is what it is.

You just missing the XRT. I've yet to break anything on it after a few crashes and two runs. All I did was to add a MMX8S and bigger tires. I also use my own TX AND RX. It's the best out of the box experience I've ever had so far. Big, fun, and durable. Stock gearing 👍
The Maxx can take abuse and holds up well too. Friend of mine has two boys, 7 and 10. They both have had a Maxx for a couple of years and no breakage.

Last edited:
With the OC6s EXB now discontinued, does this mean no more grab bag style parts available at Jennys RC?
I was just saying this in a thread I made about the Mojave EXB . If Jennys still has some kits they did not break apart yet , keep your eyes peeled and if they pop up , better grab them !!!

Makes me wonder how much Arrma even wants to continue the EXB line. IMO its a crappy attempt at tougher rig. From what I've read here, the limited slip diffs are not popular and people regularly swap them out for standard diffs, extra time and $$$ right off the bat. The 7075 aluminum is clearly not the same 7075 used by M2C, JBI, etc. Outside of the changed diffs and the aluminum being red, I'm not even sure what the appeal is, especially if it comes with stock electronics. I'd rather buy a regular model if I'm going to be adding upgraded parts anyway. If HH wants to make a so called "Extreme Bash" rig, they should actually do so instead of throwing some changed diffs on a rig with questionable 7075 parts.

I’ve looked everywhere with multiple discounts .. I can’t find it for $340 anywhere
Yeah @Engineer pointed it out. It was only online for a little bit. I was talking about later last evening not knowing it had been removed already yet.

Makes me wonder how much Arrma even wants to continue the EXB line. IMO its a crappy attempt at tougher rig. From what I've read here, the limited slip diffs are not popular and people regularly swap them out for standard diffs, extra time and $$$ right off the bat. The 7075 aluminum is clearly not the same 7075 used by M2C, JBI, etc. Outside of the changed diffs and the aluminum being red, I'm not even sure what the appeal is, especially if it comes with stock electronics. I'd rather buy a regular model if I'm going to be adding upgraded parts anyway. If HH wants to make a so called "Extreme Bash" rig, they should actually do so instead of throwing some changed diffs on a rig with questionable 7075 parts.

Personally, I never understood why there needed to be a Notorious and an Outcast. I'm glad they made the differentiation and created a RTR EXB model. That being said, I also never understood the need for LSD diffs. I appreciate that the outdrives are slightly beefier at 6.2mm but what purpose do the diff plates serve if we can get a huge variety of diff oils. By the time you stuff all the plates in there, there isn't much room for diff oil anyway.

Maybe their marketing department is realizing that a $700 RC car just won't sell in this economy but creating $200 "boost" cars will....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back