Outcast Outcast 6s EXB Has Been Discontinued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That being said, I also never understood the need for LSD diffs. I appreciate that the outdrives are slightly beefier at 6.2mm but what purpose do the diff plates serve if we can get a huge variety of diff oils.
This is another area I’ve been researching, and @parcou has been studying the LSD system for a good while now. No one really seems to have definitive answers on the benefits. The only obvious point being you can use lighter weight oils with the LSD plates, but that means more frequent service (Arrma recommends diff service every 10 packs). 🤷‍♂️

Why? What’s the downside of LSD diffs?
K.IS.S. More parts = more possibilities of failures and makes the diffs more complex to work on and to tune.

When I opened up my center diff on my EXB I noticed that my plates were stamped very poorly, some of the scrap was still inside the plates.

1670082081615.png

The Outcast 6S EXB is/was ready to run with Spektrum electronics.

Just because it's discontinued doesn't mean you won't be able to get parts for it, remember it's 90% the same as the Arrma Kraton and uses the same chassis as the Typhon literally the only parts that are specific to the Outcast are the body and the tires.
Right, and IMO Arrma's BEST tires!! Backflips of all sizes are awesome 😎

And I think is one of the best Arrmas.
Haven't had the pleasure of owning a 6s senton unfortunately, but I would LOVE a true 1/8 scale 6s sct with Arrma's durability!! I have some idea's of how I'll build one out, just not the funds unfortunately. One day, I will have a build thread on it here for sure!😎🍻
Agreed. I don't have one, I've been waiting for my time to come. But now I'm wondering if I should jump on the FT sale right now since it's hard to beat $340. I just don't want to do that and then then mojave goes on sale in a month...
A pretty easy conversion to Mojave..you can have both!!😁👌

Makes me wonder how much Arrma even wants to continue the EXB line. IMO its a crappy attempt at tougher rig. From what I've read here, the limited slip diffs are not popular and people regularly swap them out for standard diffs, extra time and $$$ right off the bat. The 7075 aluminum is clearly not the same 7075 used by M2C, JBI, etc. Outside of the changed diffs and the aluminum being red, I'm not even sure what the appeal is, especially if it comes with stock electronics. I'd rather buy a regular model if I'm going to be adding upgraded parts anyway. If HH wants to make a so called "Extreme Bash" rig, they should actually do so instead of throwing some changed diffs on a rig with questionable 7075 parts.
I don’t have any other Arrmas to compare it to, this being my first one. But it does seem to be a solid built 1/8.
K.IS.S. More parts = more possibilities of failures and makes the diffs more complex to work on and to tune.

When I opened up my center diff on my EXB I noticed that my plates were stamped very poorly, some of the scrap was still inside the plates.

View attachment 260043
Guess this is why Arrma recommends putting it together with all the disks “smooth side inwards” towards the gears?

Still thinking seriously about selling my fairly new
OC6s EXB with a whole lot of extras… :unsure:

Haven’t received any interest so far.

Last edited:
I don’t have any other Arrmas to compare it to, this being my first one. But it does seem to be a solid built 1/8.

Guess this is why Arrma recommends putting it together with all the disks “smooth side inwards” towards the gears?

Still thinking seriously about selling my fairly new
OC6s EXB with a whole lot of extras… :unsure:

Haven’t received any interest so far.
Just get a few parts and turn it into a Kraton. That is what I did and it is awesome. Then if you ever get bored of the Kraton you can turn it back into an outcast

Makes me wonder how much Arrma even wants to continue the EXB line. IMO its a crappy attempt at tougher rig. From what I've read here, the limited slip diffs are not popular and people regularly swap them out for standard diffs, extra time and $$$ right off the bat. The 7075 aluminum is clearly not the same 7075 used by M2C, JBI, etc. Outside of the changed diffs and the aluminum being red, I'm not even sure what the appeal is, especially if it comes with stock electronics. I'd rather buy a regular model if I'm going to be adding upgraded parts anyway. If HH wants to make a so called "Extreme Bash" rig, they should actually do so instead of throwing some changed diffs on a rig with questionable 7075 parts.
I haven't had any issues with my EXB MOJAVE, but I'm not trying to send it to the stratosphere. It's not meant for that anyways. I do long distance jumps and I've had some pretty bad landings. And yes I did use a big ramp at the beginning, and it didn't go well. Chassis is still straight on both my EXB Mojave trucks.

Last edited:
Why? What’s the downside of LSD diffs?
Mine seem to work fine. I have zero complaints and in fact exb diffs have definitely been stronger for me.

Right, and IMO Arrma's BEST tires!! Backflips of all sizes are awesome 😎
I keep forgetting about the Notorious so my post is wrong the only thing that is specific to the Outcast is the body and the bumper on the EXB.
Mine seem to work fine. I have zero complaints and in fact exb diffs have definitely been stronger for me.
I think the diff materials are much better on the EXB diffs I just don't think the LSD was really necessary. They could have easily made the diffs beefier like they did and kept them as a normal diff. They made them more complicated and costly than they needed to be. But that is just my opinion.

They could have easily made the diffs beefier like they did and kept them as a normal diff. They made them more complicated and costly than they needed to be. But that is just my opinion.
What a mystery! Guess time will tell.

LSD diffs are a neat idea, because they try to solve the issue of excessive diff unloading during 'extreme' bashing without crippling lower speed handling the way many do by filling standard diffs with thick oil in an effort to control tire ballooning. In practice, my impression is that while Arrma's engineers tried, the LSD mechanism is more troublesome than it's worth.

I haven't had any issues with my EXB MOJAVE, but I'm not trying to send it to the stratosphere. It's not meant for that anyways. I do long distance jumps and I've had some pretty bad landings. And yes I did use a big ramp at the beginning, and it didn't go well. Chassis is still straight on both my EXB Mojave trucks.
None here, mojave is solid for me, still on original tires even. Almost 2 years ownership. It's a tank. Fast tank!!😎🤘

LSD diffs are a neat idea, because they try to solve the issue of excessive diff unloading during 'extreme' bashing without crippling lower speed handling the way many do by filling standard diffs with thick oil in an effort to control tire ballooning.
Interesting! Haven’t heard this benefit mentioned before - better handling at lower speeds - as compared to thicker oil. Nice tidbit of info to remember when considering pros and cons.

Outcast 6s EXB purchased 10/12/22 for sale. 😲 About 12 packs run.

Any interest? If so, I’ll list it proper in the Classified section.

Extras:
2 3s 5500mAh 50c Minotaur batteries
ProTek 610 Charger
Spare screws (complete set) purchased from JRC
Rear metal skid plate
Good news!!! Not selling!!! 🥳

Thanks to everyone that offered encouragement and helped talk me down from a potentially dumb decision.

Honestly though, coming from a “toy” Traxxas 2wd Stampede, I’ve been very intimidated with the Outcast. So much to learn, and not really mechanically inclined, but dogged-determined no LHS guy is going to wrench on my trucks! 💪

Anyway, thanks again for all the answered questions (so far). Many more to come.

Good news!!! Not selling!!! 🥳

Thanks to everyone that offered encouragement and helped talk me down from a potentially dumb decision.

Honestly though, coming from a “toy” Traxxas 2wd Stampede, I’ve been very intimidated with the Outcast. So much to learn, and not really mechanically inclined, but dogged-determined no LHS guy is going to wrench on my trucks! 💪

Anyway, thanks again for all the answered questions (so far). Many more to come.
Youtube is your friend.

This is another area I’ve been researching, and @parcou has been studying the LSD system for a good while now. No one really seems to have definitive answers on the benefits. The only obvious point being you can use lighter weight oils with the LSD plates, but that means more frequent service (Arrma recommends diff service every 10 packs). 🤷‍♂️
IMHO, the best advantage with the LSD diffs are the beefier Main and input gears ( at F and R). I could be wrong. Running 6s this may not matter much. Running 8s it will. Running LSD's Open, with thicker oil would be a win win.:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back