Outcast Outcast 6S EXB RTR Fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes, this is why i upgraded my esc fan and running duals on the motor. Any update with Arrma support?

I was just going to update the thread.

Being in the UK you don't deal with Arrma support, I've tried in the past and have always been told to contact the retailer.

That is what I did and between them (Wheelspin) and the UK Distributor they have handled it excellently and sending out a replacement which I am very pleased with. It was more of a goodwill gesture than Warranty as it's hard to prove I guess but I used everything Arrma/Spektrum which they could see.

I had my doubts but they came through so well done to them.

In the meantime I've bought a fire extinguisher :)

So your insurance underwriter totaled it after all. Great result!

Nope doesn’t look like any one tried to put that out.
What a shame.
Time to build another one.

Haha thats what I was thinking when I saw it. I think i would have tried real hard to get those batteries out. Easy to say when it's not you though.

I wonder, is it okay to pour water on an ESC that is on fire?

Haha thats what I was thinking when I saw it. I think i would have tried real hard to get those batteries out. Easy to say when it's not you though.

I wonder, is it okay to pour water on an ESC that is on fire?

We did try to put it out and used water, a bottle of drinking water as it's all we had, didn't help. The fire department who put it out said water isn't ideal but laughed as that's what they used, a whacker and water.

I have now purchased a 5-in-1 Fire Extinguisher to keep in my car, it's small and there if needed (which I hope it will not be).

I also have the Outcast 6S EXB and for the time being I'm happy with it. But I had some problems with the ESC. One blade on the fan in the ESC broke so I'm replacing it with a Hobbywing MAX8. I hope it's gonna be worth it.

Being in the UK you don't deal with Arrma support, I've tried in the past and have always been told to contact the retailer.

That is what I did and between them (Wheelspin) and the UK Distributor they have handled it excellently and sending out a replacement which I am very pleased with. It was more of a goodwill gesture than Warranty as it's hard to prove I guess but I used everything Arrma/Spektrum which they could see.

So happy for you to have got a replacement..!!😁

To me they had no option but to replace it, it was all HH stuff esc/batteries etc and that sort of publicity is not the sort of thing they want on social media..!!
Top tip for you... remove all the Spektrum stuff and fit HobbyWing 😉

@Notorious J .. This guy deserves April's award..!!!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

sweet! glad they got it covered.

I almost learned about this the hard way today! I was doing some backflips and attempting to do a bump flip and landed on the roll bar. Ironically I was running the same setup as you with 2x 3s Spektrums. Long story short, landing on the bar upside down caused the mount for the roll bar to slam directly into the battery denting the battery case. Again, luckily not setting mine on fire. Is it possible this is what happened to yours?

I considered myself unlucky with the Kraton 6S which had various issues from new but this makes that look like nothing.

I was out with my Outcast 6S RTR EXB (a few weeks old) this afternoon, I had run it for about 25 minutes doing some jumps on a ramp. After a small jump (fine landing) I could hear clicking so I stopped and took the case off as it sounded like a pinion. Everything looked OK, my friend looked too and couldn't spot anything so I put it back down on the grass and gently pulled the accelerator. Immediately the ESC burst into flames. Because of that there was no way to safely disconnect the batteries so we moved it to a safe area where shortly afterwards I guess the Batteries caught fire (2 x Spektrum 3S hardcase).

Unfortunately this is all that is left:

View attachment 211777

View attachment 211779

Any idea what could have happened? pretty much £900 up in smoke :(
Faulty ESC to blame..
Same with my Noto. One minute after starting it up. Driving slow to trim my steering, it stopped and it went up like yours. HH asked for it back and replaced 75% of the parts. I did however get my lipo unplugged. And saved my Lipo. HH won't replace the lipo. Just the rig. My Carnage was not like yours. But if I replaced all the parts myself, it would have been a total loss. Needing to buy another.

I hope you have the reciept. HH will step up. They did for me. I Sent them a video and pictures of mine 2 week turn around. They paid shipping both ways Fedex.. They would have replaced it outright, just that my 6s Noto was an early release and there was no inventory. HH ate the loss by replacing so many parts. Costing them more $$ than replacing it outright.

I almost learned about this the hard way today! I was doing some backflips and attempting to do a bump flip and landed on the roll bar. Ironically I was running the same setup as you with 2x 3s Spektrums. Long story short, landing on the bar upside down caused the mount for the roll bar to slam directly into the battery denting the battery case. Again, luckily not setting mine on fire. Is it possible this is what happened to yours?
I doubt but possible i run soft packs landed a few headshots on mine but it never did anything to my lipos

I have foam from my first blow up hoon tire. Free foam i can just wash and shoe go on the side of that body support on the center diff lipo side. Thanks for the heads up👍🏼

DAMN. I'm using the Felony firma ESC on my Mojave EXB with the Felony motor. Stock Felony motor. 20t pinion. So far, it's been working well after like 3/4 runs.

I was lucky with my talion exb when it went up in flames managed to unplug the batteries just the esc was toast and a bit of black sut here and there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back