Outcast Outcast 6s EXB upgrade and build log. RPM, TBR, Hot Racing, 35kg servo, LED's, and more! UPDATED& FINISHED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would the pins mount without the set screws? The EXB pins aren't threaded.

Are those the stock LSD configs?
@SrC . I've been reading some people run F50k / C200k / R20k (rear diff open). Is this what you run? And since Associated doesn't make 50k is 60k ok, or should I get a different brand? I have 60k and 30k TF. Would that be too heavy?

Also does this mean the front and center are closed config? Is open the maximum effect, and closed the minimum? Not use to the lsd Diffs. Thx
I find that many get better results with thinner oils closer to stock CST with EXB diffs. Unless you're using the option part "Open shim kit" to make the diff Open. Usually just done at the rear. Which was done initially by Arrma with Early released EXB rigs with rear diff issues. Now they come with LSD at all 3 diffs.
I am sure you can source different weights (50k) with other brands of Silicone oil. But 60k is fine if you need to up the weight at the front.
Whatever works for your driving style is what matters ultimately. One change at a time, then evaluate.

I find that many get better results with thinner oils closer to stock CST with EXB diffs. Unless you're using the option part "Open shim kit" to make the diff Open. Usually just done at the rear. Which was done initially by Arrma with Early released EXB rigs with rear diff issues. Now they come with LSD at all 3 diffs.
I am sure you can source different weights (50k) with other brands of Silicone oil. But 60k is fine if you need to up the weight at the front.
Whatever works for your driving style is what matters ultimately. One change at a time, then evaluate.
I decided to go with all 3 open as detailed here.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...e-open-configuration-with-the-shim-kit.51000/

UPDATE: 4-15-2022

I decided I wanted to try all open diffs so I bought the ARA311094 shim and spacer kit. I built all 3 using the spacer, filled the front with 60k, center with 500k, and rear with 30k. Then I shimmed everything nice and tight and installed all 3 using Lucas red & tacky. This is the way I ran my Notorious and I loved it back then. Ill update this with results once I get a chance to drive it.
86.jpg
87.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg
90.jpg

I also decided to try the Pro-Line lid skid protectors (6360-00) on my 2nd body. I installed 2 on the roof, and 2 on the hood. These should provide some decent protection. I might also install LEDs on this one too, but with red Halos. I have an idea on how to secure the hot glue this time without using super glue which damaged the paint on the 1st body. Anyway heres some pics.

91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg
94.jpg
95.jpg
96.jpg
97.jpg
98.jpg

Thanks for posting this build thread. So much detail and information, especially for a noob like myself. I keep reading all these different builds gathering info for when I do my own later.
That's one of the main reasons I do them. I thought it was done, but have a few more parts I ordered. Will update soon!

@Custnam

What tool did you use to cut the countersinks in the chassis sheet?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back