Outcast Outcast 6S EXB “light bash” carbon edition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
This will be a build thread originally covering my outcast EXB build. Then on page 3 it transforms into the outcast exb “light bash” decked out with all kinds of carbon fiber goodies!

preview:
168C8E1F-78F2-4E8A-801F-B0FAE682D8AA.jpeg

CE6D427C-FFA7-40EE-BAF2-4365F9CE94C7.jpeg
C4339E56-3444-41DC-82F7-6401FADAC70F.jpeg
815DB8BC-6BBF-452B-91C4-624EB3892A88.jpeg
FD7BF293-DFEC-490E-A6F4-0B4BFD7EF3A3.jpeg

6A946103-ACE7-4243-89DC-96A8921CA3C3.jpeg

2EBCD875-92F9-4DF1-8D37-E8AEF6F87FA8.jpeg

Last edited:
Ohhhh I’m ready for this one. Can’t wait. I just ordered a SWB EXB chassis for my Typhon as I have bent the chassis enough lately that my dogbones are warped badly. Wish I would have grabbed that M2C blemished chassis a few weeks ago. But for $30 less I went with the EXB chassis instead.

Ohhhh I’m ready for this one. Can’t wait. I just ordered a SWB EXB chassis for my Typhon as I have bent the chassis enough lately that my dogbones are warped badly. Wish I would have grabbed that M2C blemished chassis a few weeks ago. But for $30 less I went with the EXB chassis instead.
I also like the look of the black on certain applications. Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with the signature m2c silver bottom but there’s just something that I really like about the EXB chassis. ????

What I might end up doing is putting this exb chassis on my typhon and then making the mutt truck with the JBI chassis that’s currently on the typhon.

I also like the look of the black on certain applications. Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with the signature m2c silver bottom but there’s just something that I really like about the EXB chassis. ????
The best part about the M2C blem was it was black anodized

The best part about the M2C blem was it was black anodized
I’ve seen that note in with all of the M2C blemishes... I’m wondering if he put that note in when he was actually doing a batch of black ones a long time ago and now forgot to take that note out...

Has anyone gotten a black blemished item from M2C lately? I didn’t think they didn’t any of the anodizing anymore ??‍♂️

I’ve seen that note in with all of the M2C blemishes... I’m wondering if he put that note in when he was actually doing a batch of black ones a long time ago and now forgot to take that note out...

Has anyone gotten a black blemished item from M2C lately? I didn’t think they didn’t any of the anodizing anymore ??‍♂️
I ordered a blemished M2C chassis that said it was black anodized and it wasn’t. I don’t even think it was blemished.

Since buying an EXB Kraton my original Kraton is now retired ? was thinking of turning it into an Outcast, so I'm going to follow your journey on this one..??
Only thing that has stopped me doing the conversion straight away is the fact that I own a Tekno MT410 which lets be honest is basically an Outcast ???

alright... I gotta get started on this.... which would people rather see?

1. finish out my Typhon exb, it currently has a JBI chassis..now I’ve got the turnbuckles for it and this swb exb chassis.

2. Outcast exb. All exb parts including rear diff with proper shims.

3. Brute EXB... somewhat like an outcast but with a clear brute body i got that’s itching for paint.

if I do one of the clear bodies (outcast or brute) what colors ?

Of course now that I have a little free time... now it’s raining for like a week ??‍♂️ so it’s build time... ?

I just bent my Typhon EXB chassis today, so I would recommend spending the few bucks more for an M2C at this point. Kind of disappointed. Sure it was a bad landing, but I would have expected an M2C to survived that hit.

HTF..!! what did you do ??
Landed on the top of the rear shock tower. Forgot I was driving the Typhon and not the EXB. Overestimated my ability to finish the flip and couldn’t get it around in time. Busted pretty much the entire back end, sheared off the rear brace M4 screw, diff housing cracked, tower bent like a taco, rear center dogbone is a U, etc....

Landed on the top of the rear shock tower. Forgot I was driving the Typhon and not the EXB. Overestimated my ability to finish the flip and couldn’t get it around in time. Busted pretty much the entire back end, sheared off the rear brace M4 screw, diff housing cracked, tower bent like a taco, rear center dogbone is a U, etc....
That sucks man. Did you happen to catch that whopper on film? :( bummer

That sucks man. Did you happen to catch that whopper on film? :( bummer
I think my GoPro has died by then. We had a half day bash and I’m sure I got some of my good and bad landings recorded but at the end I wasn’t too worried about finding another GoPro battery.

I just bent my Typhon EXB chassis today, so I would recommend spending the few bucks more for an M2C at this point. Kind of disappointed. Sure it was a bad landing, but I would have expected an M2C to survived that hit.
Get a Just Bash it chassis for the Typhon. The bigger jumps are @4:19

Last edited:
Ahhh, that's not too bad..? I was expecting worse from the amount of damage you described..?

You've done me a favour, I was planning on building an EXB Outcast out of my V4 Kraton (R.I.P) now if I do I'll just get M2C chassis instead .. ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back