Outcast Outcast 6s hardened input gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangwooduk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Outcast 6s
So now after stripping 2 input gears I'm thinking is there any hardened input gears ?
I've seen the GPM ones but only seen bad reviews about them

Any advice folks ?

Stock gear is already hardened. Try drilling into it and you'll see. For an upgrade, best you can do AFAIK is the EXB ring/input gear set. Similar steel but larger teeth with more contact area to distribute the applied force.

If your going to replace it get a Robinson racing pinion some of the best on the market IMO

If your chewing up pinions check gear mesh and check your grub screws them backing of are number 1 cause of teeth were.

If your going to replace it get a Robinson racing pinion some of the best on the market IMO

If your chewing up pinions check gear mesh and check your grub screws them backing of are number 1 cause of teeth were.
Is this the same on the rear diff as that's what I'm talking about
The input gear cup was on nice and tight

With the proper shim setup they last quite a long time.. I'd suggest honing in on a good gear mesh setup.. The closest you can get to zero backlash is ideal in these situations because the bearings yeild very quickly..

The pinion bearings should be lightly preloaded as well while tightening the cup down..

The above suggested exb gears will not fit the diff cups you have...

Aluminum gearboxes, the plastic ones flex or separate under load causing the mesh to get all messed up which in turn strips the gears.

Aluminum gearboxes, the plastic ones flex or separate under load causing the mesh to get all messed up which in turn strips the gears.
Are the aluminum gearboxes most beneficial on the rear (like the 3s line) or does the 6s line need them front and back?

Are the aluminum gearboxes most beneficial on the rear (like the 3s line) or does the 6s line need them front and back?
Both but mostly the rear, I would do that one first if you can only do 1 at a time. The front does flex and come apart but not as much as the rear.

So something I noticed in your post... You said you have now lost two input gears in a row.. I hope you mean input and crown?

If you put a new input (pinion) on an old crown (ring) it was over before it started.. always replace them in sets...

So something I noticed in your post... You said you have now lost two input gears in a row.. I hope you mean input and crown?

If you put a new input (pinion) on an old crown (ring) it was over before it started.. always replace them in sets...
Good catch. I didn't even think about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back