Outcast 6s Optional shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abandy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hi from The U.K everybody ,following an average run out yesterday i bent a rear shock shaft which is gonna happen from time to time i have a few spares to cater for the run of the mill damage from bashing does anyone know of a set of shocks other than arrma's own that are a straight fit to the 6s outcast ? Just as a back up set.
Any ideas or points in the right direction would be appreciated thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG-20200804-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20200804-WA0002.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 46
If you bent the Arrma shock shaft you will bend any other shock shaft just the same.

But there are a few options.

If you bent the Arrma shock shaft you will bend any other shock shaft just the same.

Thanks for that i actually pondered the e bay ones you mention but they didnt look substantial enough i will look at the tekno ones as heard this option somewhere else tbh the stock arrma items are great and look the best they are just so hard to get a hold of in the U.K. Food for thought tho so again nice one for your reply
Just stock spare shafts for those nasty landings.
Thanks for the reply also ?ive got a few shafts in my tool kit just thoughg you guys might of had an option i hadn't come across pretty new to the hobby so trying to learn whilst on this journey, I subscribe to your channel and hope one day i can pedal my cars like you #bicketybam ???

Last edited:
Thanks for that i actually pondered the e bay ones you mention but they didnt look substantial enough i will look at the tekno ones as heard this option somewhere else tbh the stock arrma items are great and look the best they are just so hard to get a hold of in the U.K. Food for thought tho so again nice one for your reply

Thanks for the reply also ?ive got a few shafts in my tool kit just thoughg you guys might of had an option i hadn't come across pretty new to the hobby so trying to learn whilst on this journey, I subscribe to your channel and hope one day i can pedal my cars like you #bicketybam ???
I'm running Teknos on my Outcast, and long story short I purchased my Outcast way back in 2017, back then they only had 3.5mm shock shafts and they bent if you so much as looked at them wrong. The only option at the time was either to keep replacing the shock shafts or Tekno shocks. I went with the Teknos, they aren't cheap either you are looking at at least $100 US just for the kitted shocks, if you can find them, otherwise you are looking at around $150-160+.

In all honesty I would just stick with the stock shocks, you will stop bending them with time :cool:. I would get the Tekno rod ends though, I've been slowly converting my 1/8th fleet to Tekno rod ends. Others really like the Nero rod ends and I have seen a few guys have luck with the Mojave rod ends.

Last edited:
I'm running Teknos on my Outcast, and long story short I purchased my Outcast way back in 2017, back then they only had 3.5mm shock shafts and they bent if you so much as looked at them wrong. The only option at the time was either to keep replacing the shock shafts or Tekno shocks. I went with the Teknos, they aren't cheap either you are looking at at least $100 US just for the kitted shocks, if you can find them, otherwise you are looking at around $150-160+.

In all honesty I would just stick with the stock shocks, you will stop bending them with time :cool:. I would get the Tekno rod ends though, I've been slowly converting my 1/8th fleet to Tekno rod ends. Others really like the Nero rod ends and I have seen a few guys have luck with the Mojave rod ends.
I hope i stop bending them im pretty new to the 6s 1/8 cars so every outing is a lesson at the minute thanks for the advice re the shock ends im gonna get a set of mojave and nero rod ends and see where i go from there what shock oil would you reccomend ive inly got 1100 at the min but feel that may be too strong ?? I like to het her in the air but not like R Duperbash or Rc Dude in the air (if only!!) Once more your help and advice is really appreciated ??

I hope i stop bending them im pretty new to the 6s 1/8 cars so every outing is a lesson at the minute thanks for the advice re the shock ends im gonna get a set of mojave and nero rod ends and see where i go from there what shock oil would you reccomend ive inly got 1100 at the min but feel that may be too strong ?? I like to het her in the air but not like R Duperbash or Rc Dude in the air (if only!!) Once more your help and advice is really appreciated ??
After you get it fixed up... Stick to small jumps like 4ft high at the most. While you jump learn how to control the truck in the air. Learn what happens when you turn left or right and give throttle. Learn how to keep the truck flat in the air as it will land in the same position.
Land it flat and it'll come back.

After you mastered that...

Send it!!! These things love being sent. They really come to life with more throttle. I have yet to break anything besides a control arm(big boulder) and a servo(cartwheels) 3ft. From a ramp I gas it and let it rip.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back