Outcast Outcast 6s proline body = not so good.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
After buying this body for my Outcast 6s, I found a video where a gentleman pretty much has issues with this body after one run. Well I'm in the same predicament now. I'll go to the LHS where I bought it tomorrow, but I think I'll never buy another one again. Cracks were developed where the rear shock tower is. Only after one run and a a couple of bad landings :
20200318_164732.jpg
20200318_164726.jpg
20200318_164729.jpg

Video with issue that I also have. I should have just bought a stock body for only $50 instead of spending $80 for this one. Bummer.

After buying this body for my Outcast 6s, I found a video where a gentleman pretty much has issues with this body after one run. Well I'm in the same predicament now. I'll go to the LHS where I bought it tomorrow, but I think I'll never buy another one again. Cracks were developed where the rear shock tower is. Only after one run and a a couple of bad landings :
View attachment 70490View attachment 70491View attachment 70492
Video with issue that I also have. I should have just bought a stock body for only $50 instead of spending $80 for this one. Bummer.
http://probodyrc.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=89
I've had one of these for almost 2 years now.
It doesn't like concrete.
20200318_174128.jpg
20200318_174137.jpg
20200318_174152.jpg

I had one on my xmaxx did the same thing. Cracked clean crack on a seam. Proline wouldn’t assume any responsibility. Mine cracked on the first couple runs. For being double what a stock body is worth it’s not money well spent. They sent me another body at ½ price. Like I had to still pay 50%.

Rip pro line
Yup I'm never buying another one of their bodies for anything. Too bad I doesn't see the video before I opened my wallet.
I had one on my xmaxx did the same thing. Cracked clean crack on a seam. Proline wouldn’t assume any responsibility. Mine cracked on the first couple runs. For being double what a stock body is worth it’s not money well spent. They sent me another body at ½ price. Like I had to still pay 50%.
I ran my stock xmaxx body today with a whole bunch of gorilla tape inside (did that before running it) and it has no cracks after two runs ?.

$47 ysd. That’s not bad. Shipping will be a killer though. I could buy 2 of those shipped for less than a proline brute body
Iirc it cost me a total of $67 and some change. Well worth it in my opinion. I want to buy one for all of my rcs lol.

Try tape it on top and fill the cracks with epoxy from the inside, it might live fore another bash :unsure:

I've found the lexan used for proline bodies is too thick and cracks instead of flex/bends. Only one I have now is my toyota body on my crawler. All my other bodies are and will be JConcepts after my personal experience with both.
The stock outcast body seemed to do that to me. Mine split at the door seams pretty early on clear up to the windows.

No it is the probodyrc one in black.

Yeah.
I have 3 of those now, only one installed on my outcast. It seems to be holding up really well... other than when I landed on the roof on concrete, the tips of the shock towers ground a holes in it. I put a bit of silicone reinforced hose over the sharp corners on the chassis to help spread the load a bit as the titanium towers I have have hard corners right there.
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-escSide.jpg

Installed it 9/11/19, will see how it holds up this year:
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-Body.jpg

Got one for my ERBE and stampede as well. Just haven't installed them yet. Ordered all 3 off ebay I think. $80 shipped for the outcast one, $65 for the ERBE one and $60 for the stampede one.

The stock outcast body seemed to do that to me. Mine split at the door seams pretty early on clear up to the windows.

I have 3 of those now, only one installed on my outcast. It seems to be holding up really well... other than when I landed on the roof on concrete, the tips of the shock towers ground a holes in it. I put a bit of silicone reinforced hose over the sharp corners on the chassis to help spread the load a bit as the titanium towers I have have hard corners right there.
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-escSide.jpg

Installed it 9/11/19, will see how it holds up this year:
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-Body.jpg

Got one for my ERBE and stampede as well. Just haven't installed them yet. Ordered all 3 off ebay I think. $80 shipped for the outcast one, $65 for the ERBE one and $60 for the stampede one.
You can see in my pics where the rear shock tower/road has dug through.

I like this body much better. Looks good with the 3.8 duratrax six pack monster truck tires :
20200803_160827.jpg
20200803_160817.jpg
20200803_160744.jpg
20200803_160804.jpg
20200803_155519.jpg

I haven't seen nice things about the Bash armor bodies. No way I'd pay that much. Rather get a Russian body for about the same or 5 generic race truggy bodies for about 20$ each.

Proline is overpriced even with their regular bodies.

Not what your diffs say???
Yeah, my trencher 3.8's seemed to eat diffs... at least that's my assumption considering I went through 6 of them in a year. I switched to stock tires on my outcast this year, so won't be bashing it at the skate park much anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back