Outcast 6s Rear Diff Outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I couldn't find anything searching for a bit on this on the forum.
Are there any aftermarket rear diff outdrives for an Outcast 6s?
Do the same front and rear differential 43t share between say a Typhon and Outcast?
Is there a reason for spiral tooth gears over straight?

Appreciate your time!

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything searching for a bit on this on the forum.
Are there any aftermarket rear diff outdrives for an Outcast 6s?

These for example : https://www.gpmracing.com.hk/en/pro...TCAST-6S-BLX-STUNT-TRUCK#sthash.kXnSUzKP.dpbs, but i don't know if they are any good.

Do the same front and rear differential 43t share between say a Typhon and Outcast?

Typhon has straight teeth, Outcast has spiral teeth.

Is there a reason for spiral tooth gears over straight?

Spiral teeth are known to be more strong. There is more surface in contact between the gears.

Arrma put spiral teeth on diff. on cars which have more weight and mainly bigger wheels (which participate in the final weight).

Last edited:
I asked this question in a different post, and the consensus is the straight cut will not last in the big bashers. You would have to change your motor pinion and center spur too, to offset the tooth count difference between the Typhon/Senton and the rest of the 6s trucks.

Right on, yea looking at pics I see the difference between the straight and spiral. Thanks! Of course my luck I have the 2 rigs with opposite! Haha

@Notorious J do you tend see the outdrives being a weak point? Or did I just have crazy luck breaking mine??

@jythanks for finding the aftermarket ones, though those are just steel as well. Hoping for a bit stronger metal. Hopefully the LHS around here have some replacement parts.

Grrr, this break is messing with my Saturday so far!! Haha I guess it's better I do this break in my apartment complex going to get the mail, then being 20 minute drive out at the bash site...

Attachments

• 15714978132275907406834257271678.jpg
    15714978132275907406834257271678.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 15714979140578531822142571271092.jpg
    15714979140578531822142571271092.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 50
those are just steel as well. Hoping for a bit stronger metal.

There are steel and steel also. I would put the Arrma outdrive steel on the soft side compared to other more expensive brands. But, when a more hardened steel is hard to wear out, it can also break.

Or did I just have crazy luck breaking mine??

Unlucky on your breakage imo. This kind of breakage are normaly pretty rare.

Right on, yea looking at pics I see the difference between the straight and spiral. Thanks! Of course my luck I have the 2 rigs with opposite! Haha

@Notorious J do you tend see the outdrives being a weak point? Or did I just have crazy luck breaking mine??

@jythanks for finding the aftermarket ones, though those are just steel as well. Hoping for a bit stronger metal. Hopefully the LHS around here have some replacement parts.

Grrr, this break is messing with my Saturday so far!! Haha I guess it's better I do this break in my apartment complex going to get the mail, then being 20 minute drive out at the bash site...
Had out drives that wore pretty bad, but never had one break. I'v got so many spares due to all the complete difs I bought from Jennys. My biggest issue to date, is the out drives have sometimes become locked in the cup. The hole where the cross pin goes through becomes elongated with hard bashing, and sometimes leaves a burr. Once I do finally manage to get them out, I have to use emery cloth or light grit sand paper to smooth them out so they'll slide back in.

Right on, @Notorious J

They were saying the same thing at my LHS as well. I was surprised by their facial expression when I showed them the pic of the break!! They had a genuine look of surprise!

So at the least I'll have an extra f/r diff for the Outcast. I'll see what else I can break that doesn't normally!! ? Thank you all for the help!! Good ol Arrma Fam Forum!! Woot!

What metal is stronger than steel?

Sorry, I meant different alloy steel types. As some can be stronger then others.
Got the parts though! Heh putting all back when I get home

I have a BSR Berserker, the diff. out drive are made with pretty hard steel, but i managed to break one cup in half.

I don't see what other brands would have compatible outdrives. The Arrma diff. is pretty flat compared to many other brands. The Arrma 1/8 outdrives are pretty different than other 1/8, mainly the base of the cup.

Keep using the Arrma outdrive, imo you had bad luck with this breakage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back