Outcast Outcast 6s v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake414

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a fairly decent Outcast 6s v3.
What are common weak points on these? My buddy put aluminum chassis braces on his talion?
It has rpm a arms i believe, and a bunch of spare parts ( all are arrma).

Just wondering about weak areas?

Just picked up a fairly decent outcast 6s v3.
What are common weak points on these? My buddy put aluminum chassis braces on his talion?
It has rpm a arms i believe, and a bunch of spare parts ( all are arrma).

Just wondering about weak areas?
Depends on how hard you want to send it. A new, beefier chassis has been my greatest investment so far. M2C Racing and Just Bash It Rc both make them. The servo mount has always been a soft spot too. Upgrading from plastic to aluminum will give a much more precise steering feel. The big one is sealed bearings. Arrma uses metal shield, and rubber sealed are much better. Less contamination so longer bearing life. A full kit means a pretty extensive tear down of the truck to do the difs and steering, but you can get the 4 corners done in relatively little time.

Depends on how hard you want to send it. A new, beefier chassis has been my greatest investment so far. M2C Racing and Just Bash It Rc both make them. The servo mount has always been a soft spot too. Upgrading from plastic to aluminum will give a much more precise steering feel. The big one is sealed bearings. Arrma uses metal shield, and rubber sealed are much better. Less contamination so longer bearing life. A full kit means a pretty extensive tear down of the truck to do the difs and steering, but you can get the 4 corners done in relatively little time.

I am pretty rough on my rcs. I think i will try those aluminum supports my buddy got before i try the chassis. What servo mount do you recommend? and yes this rig needs new bearings. Any specific bearings you suggest?

Also what about tuning the esc / motor? I received no manual. Is it possible to tune the esc for punch/ throttle etc?
I was told that many of the notorious parts fit this model? Is this true?

Last edited:
IMHO the short wheelbase vehicles are in less need of a chassis upgrade compared to the long wheelbase vehicles. Once properly braced the swb chassis holds up very well.

I would definitely go with aluminum chassis braces, aluminum servo mount, sealed bearings, a servo and boil the stock wing, wing mount and a arms for 5-10 minutes then soak them overnight in WD-40 this helps make them more malleable so they flex instead of breaking.

IMHO the short wheelbase vehicles are in less need of a chassis upgrade compared to the long wheelbase vehicles. Once properly braced the swb chassis holds up very well.

I would definitely go with aluminum chassis braces, aluminum servo mount, sealed bearings, a servo and boil the stock wing, wing mount and a arms for 5-10 minutes then soak them overnight in WD-40 this helps make them more malleable so they flex instead of breaking.
I agree in part to what you say, but in the case where you start to get big air and some very awkward landings, the stiffer chassis becomes a lifeline for your internals. Way less flex so the center dif stays in line better, and much less likely to kick up in the front or rear on hard nose and tail landings. For light to medium use, the stock chassis would suffice.

I agree in part to what you say, but in the case where you start to get big air and some very awkward landings, the stiffer chassis becomes a lifeline for your internals. Way less flex so the center dif stays in line better, and much less likely to kick up in the front or rear on hard nose and tail landings. For light to medium use, the stock chassis would suffice.
Idk I beat the snot out of my Outcast for over a year with hot racing chassis braces and a t2t brace and the chassis had a slight bend in the rear but the grub screws had almost punched all the way through the chassis.
My issues during that time were breaking gearboxes, bending hinge pins and breaking suspension mounts, none of which a thicker chassis would have helped

Idk I beat the snot out of my Outcast for over a year with hot racing chassis braces and a t2t brace and the chassis had a slight bend in the rear but the grub screws had almost punched all the way through the chassis.
My issues during that time were breaking gearboxes, bending hinge pins and breaking suspension mounts, none of which a thicker chassis would have helped
the thicker chassis eliminates the need for the t2t, as long as you are still using aluminum chassis braces. The damage to the shock towers and dif cases caused by the t2t would already make the stiffer chassis a good investment. In fairness, I'm talking about really sending the truck, and on many occasions, landing in the most precarious ways. The M2C hasn't budged a mm, and I'm sure the stock chassis would have taco'd under similar circumstances.

the thicker chassis eliminates the need for the t2t, as long as you are still using aluminum chassis braces. The damage to the shock towers and dif cases caused by the t2t would already make the stiffer chassis a good investment. In fairness, I'm talking about really sending the truck, and on many occasions, landing in the most precarious ways. The M2C hasn't budged a mm, and I'm sure the stock chassis would have taco'd under similar circumstances.
I've thought about just doubling up the stock chassis a few times lol.

I've thought about just doubling up the stock chassis a few times lol.
Me too. All you need is screws that are 3mm longer. The one thing that would concern me about that idea, is the possiblity of shearing the screws if one of the two plates was to move against the other. I guess you could bond them with some very thin epoxy, but it still seems a little sketchy. I know that the aftermarket chassis' are expensive, but so far, it's easily one of my best investments, and trust me, I've made a few.

I am pretty rough on my rcs. I think i will try those aluminum supports my buddy got before i try the chassis. What servo mount do you recommend? and yes this rig needs new bearings. Any specific bearings you suggest?

Also what about tuning the esc / motor? I received no manual. Is it possible to tune the esc for punch/ throttle etc?
I was told that many of the notorious parts fit this model? Is this true?
Outcast and Notorious are the same truck. There's a post on here about setting your esc. Found it. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/outcast-esc-punch-settings-programming-made-easy.3410/

I would go with either of these. I like the GKA because it's one piece but having it shipped to the states was more than I wanted to pay, so I got the Voltage. It's basically one piece...now.
https://www.voltagehobbies.com/store/p10/Voltage_Hobbies_Servo_Mount_for_ARRMA_Kraton,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html#/

https://www.gkacustomrcparts.com/product-page/aluminum-servo-mount-taller-fit
I'm trying to hold off on my M2C until the fall for when I do a winter rebuild.

Last edited:
I have alloy braces, T2T brace, RPM front bumper, RPM arms, Tbone rear bumper/wheelie bar, had RPM wing mount. Have had my v2 (2018 model outcast) since last July.

Even with alloy chassis braces, the rear of my chassis is bent up pretty good. I'll be getting the M2C at some point. The RPM wing mount snapped off, lasted longer than stock.

I'm sticking with stock towers because it's a bit less work replacing a tower than it is the diff case it bolts to. When I bend the rear one, I just rest it on a block of wood, hold another block against the front and hit it with a hammer a few times. I don't bother taking it off the truck... less bent is good enough for me as it's just going to bend again.

I didn't run stock arms long enough to know if they were ok or not. I bashed with a guy that ran a talion, he broke his rear and front arms twice while we were running. Granted, horrendous crashes, but I just went with RPM from the start.

One thing that's nice is the HR center diff/motor mount. The V3 has one that's adjustable already though, so probably don't need that. Makes it easier to set mesh and change pinions.

Thanks all for your inpu5mt!!

My first broken part is the front diff. Definitely missing pieces of a couple teeth- might be common the truck came with a diff labeled bad and it has chipped teeth aswell?
Is there an upgrade?

Thanks all for your inpu5mt!!

My first broken part is the front diff. Definitely missing pieces of a couple teeth- might be common the truck came with a diff labeled bad and it has chipped teeth aswell?
Is there an upgrade?
Not that I'm aware of. There are posts/videos about building diffs for these things. Shimming helps them last a lot longer. If you have stripped screws in the cup or in the diff case cap, replace the parts, don't try to use them.

The newer trucks don't "need" shims as they already come with them. That said, my outcast had some shims in it (v2/2018 version), but not under the larger sun gears. The spider gear shims were worn pretty good only after running 3-4 packs through the truck. I had ordered the Mugen Seiki shim kit for it when I got the truck, but had to wait a week for them to show up. I did not wait a week to drive the truck. ;) The Mugen shims seemed to be made out of a harder material, so when they showed up with the oil I wanted, I tore all the diffs down, cleaned/inspected them, removed the factory shims and used the full set of Mugen shims (1 on each spider, one under each sun gear) as well as replaced the shims on the outside of the diff for ring/pinion mesh with some Tamiya ones to remove any excess slop. I also used heavier oil (my diffs had almost none in them and I bought it new). I run 100k/500k/100k. Too heavy for some, but I like how it works.

Aside from having stripped diff case cap screws, I haven't had any diff issues. I stripped 2 of the front diff cap screws early on and decided CA glue was good enough. I should have replaced the entire case as it wasn't long after that that I had the diff skipping teeth under hard braking. Then the t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar ripped threads out of 2 of the rear diff cap/case and again, shredded the pinion/ring gear. Since I replaced both cases with new I haven't had an issue and that was at least 6 months ago, got the truck last July.

Not that I'm aware of. There are posts/videos about building diffs for these things. Shimming helps them last a lot longer. If you have stripped screws in the cup or in the diff case cap, replace the parts, don't try to use them.

The newer trucks don't "need" shims as they already come with them. That said, my outcast had some shims in it (v2/2018 version), but not under the larger sun gears. The spider gear shims were worn pretty good only after running 3-4 packs through the truck. I had ordered the Mugen Seiki shim kit for it when I got the truck, but had to wait a week for them to show up. I did not wait a week to drive the truck. ;) The Mugen shims seemed to be made out of a harder material, so when they showed up with the oil I wanted, I tore all the diffs down, cleaned/inspected them, removed the factory shims and used the full set of Mugen shims (1 on each spider, one under each sun gear) as well as replaced the shims on the outside of the diff for ring/pinion mesh with some Tamiya ones to remove any excess slop. I also used heavier oil (my diffs had almost none in them and I bought it new). I run 100k/500k/100k. Too heavy for some, but I like how it works.

Aside from having stripped diff case cap screws, I haven't had any diff issues. I stripped 2 of the front diff cap screws early on and decided CA glue was good enough. I should have replaced the entire case as it wasn't long after that that I had the diff skipping teeth under hard braking. Then the t-bone rear skid/wheelie bar ripped threads out of 2 of the rear diff cap/case and again, shredded the pinion/ring gear. Since I replaced both cases with new I haven't had an issue and that was at least 6 months ago, got the truck last July.

All of my diff failures have been do to something else failing, first time it was the stock bearings for the diff outdrives blew apart and shredded the ring and pinion gear, I should have changed them but didn't. Then when my Hobbywing motor decided to grenade itself and lock up it took out both diffs that time, the front diff was pretty much a total loss as most of the internals were shredded as well as the ring and pinion gear.

Thanks for your input! I am getting my front driver side dogbone is popping out of the diff under hard deceleration (braking). This has happened twice and I haven't figured out why

Thanks for your input! I am getting my front driver side dogbone is popping out of the diff under hard deceleration (braking). This has happened twice and I haven't figured out why
Check your droop. If your droop screws are backed out too far your dog bones can pop out easier.
The droop screw is the little grub screw on the A-arm. What I do is I remove one end of my shocks and let the arms hang. Line the shock up with the post and adjust the grub screw until I have to push down slightly to get the shock onto it's post. Not much, I usually adjust it so the post is even with the top edge of the cap, not the eye, and that seems to work.

It could be for several different reasons, but when it was happening to me that's what is was.

Last edited:
Check your droop. If your droop screws are backed out too far your dog bones can pop out easier.
The droop screw is the little grub screw on the A-arm. What I do is I remove one end of my shocks and let the arms hang. Line the shock up with the post and adjust the grub screw until I have to push down slightly to get the shock onto it's post. Not much, I usually adjust it so the post is even with the top edge of the cap, not the eye, and that seems to work.

It could be for several different reasons, but when it was happening to me that's what is was.

Thanks! I'll check it
Can I really only buy the entire diff assembly as a whole bag of parts? I don't need all the internal spider gears etc etc. Just the ring and pinion

My rig seems to have stripped front and rear diff gears. Not really sure how, it really hasnt done that hard of running.
So now I'm out 100 bucks to buy two entire new diffs (cant just buy the input gear and the diff gear can i?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back