Outcast Outcast 8s aftermarket battery tray for larger batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
So I have SMC 9700mah and CNHL 9500mah 4s batteries from other rigs that don't fit the stock Outcast 8S trays. They are pretty close to fitting. Option one I think it just to cut off the front of the tray. Option two is find an aftermarket one that has no front back but is just a simple piece of aluminum with perpendicular velcro straps (this is the setup I use in my Limitless). I've been struggling to find any though. Has anyone see a solution? Or do most folks just cut the trays?

EDIT: Something like this for the Xmaxx: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234144396269?epid=6027541026&hash=item368417f3ed:g:Jz8AAOSwAEFcKvd8

Trimming the stockers can work. I would try that first. (y)
Seems like the ones on Ebay for the Trx could work also?? Depending on the dimensions. Those flat piece's of alloy could allow those Heavy Lipos to eject with just one strap there on each lipo??? Might bring another potential issue there!
IDK.

Trimming the stockers can work. I would try that first. (y)
Seems like the ones on Ebay for the Trx could work also?? Depending on the dimensions. Those flat piece's of alloy could allow those Heavy Lipos to eject with just one strap there on each lipo??? Might bring another potential issue there!
IDK.
Tried again with the one screw thing and got it to clear!

My 6900mah 135c smc battery’s worked great for me. Just extended the trays in my outcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back