Outcast Outcast 8s exb advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sbat5252

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just bought the outcast 8s exb...what is the best overall motor for this? in your opinions...I want it to be an absolute beast without spending a fortune..lol I know that's a lot to ask...thanks for any advice!

I just bought the outcast 8s exb...what is the best overall motor for this? in your opinions...I want it to be an absolute beast without spending a fortune..lol I know that's a lot to ask...thanks for any advice!
I think that the Max 5 and 1100kv 5687 motor with 35 /47 gearing or 30/39 gearing would be a great combo. You can't go wrong with Hobbywing. I run the XLX2 AND 1100KV motor on both my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S with those gear ratios, but that system is more expensive. You would probably need to put a fan on that motor though. Check out my posts up there. You can see my upgrades an stuff 👍👆. I have the Outcast 8s RTR, but it's been upgraded to be a flying tank.

Agreed with the above statement. I was running 34/39 but went down to 30/39 and it's a perfect balance. Was running castle also. While it's good, it's awesome for the many adjustments it's capable of esp with the castle link. but if you want a set it and semi forget it set up the HW max5/5687 is prime imo.

Agreed with the above statement. I was running 34/39 but went down to 30/39 and it's a perfect balance. Was running castle also. While it's good, it's awesome for the many adjustments it's capable of esp with the castle link. but if you want a set it and semi forget it set up the HW max5/5687 is prime imo.
Did you change the castles system out? Mine has been working great for both trucks TBH. No issues so far after months of abuse and many many huge jumps.

I like it... I just made the mistake of getting the 800 instead of the 1100. The 1100 is no where to be found, so I got the hw5687. I didn't realize the bullet connector size is different. I made jumpers, but they weren't holding up so I got a deal on a max 5 from a friend, so I swapped that in. So I have a full castle set up. I dig it. I have no probs with it. Just gonna stash it away for another project down the road.

I like it... I just made the mistake of getting the 800 instead of the 1100. The 1100 is no where to be found, so I got the hw5687. I didn't realize the bullet connector size is different. I made jumpers, but they weren't holding up so I got a deal on a max 5 from a friend, so I swapped that in. So I have a full castle set up. I dig it. I have no probs with it. Just gonna stash it away for another project down the road.
Yeah the 1100kv motor is where it's at. I don't care for the 800kv motor honestly either.

Thank ya all..I went with the hobbywing 1100kv max5 setup. Appreciate the advice on gear setup as well...would it be a 60mph truck?

Are you looking for 60mph on paved surfaces or hardpack? I'd say if you're looking for top end gear an 1100 34/39 or higher close to 1:1 and you will get there. Run belted tires just for the stability and control. Backflips are rad but at speed they will be pizza cutters. Honestly, for general bashing, 45-50 will do the trick. I've never gps'd my truck but with the 30/39 it seems plenty fast imo. But to each his own.

Thank ya all..I went with the hobbywing 1100kv max5 setup. Appreciate the advice on gear setup as well...would it be a 60mph truck?
With 30/39 gearing it would be very close to that speed on pavement. On the grass/dirt it might be somewhere around 54/55mph, which is faster than even my Granite and other 6s Arrma rigs on stock gearing. Plenty of speed for bashing. I personally wouldn't go higher than a 30t pinion. Not a good idea with the 1100kv motors. And not needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back