Outcast 8s notorious 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGESSNER

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone wasn’t sure where to post this but I’m looking to purchase an arrma and I want to know what everyone’s opinions are on the outcast 8s and the notorious 6s. I’ve been reading mixed reviews on the notorious with people saying they are having problems with them after just a few runs (servo esc diffs etc). Can’t find much on the outcast 8s. Just looking to see what everyone has to say about both. Thank you

Hey everyone wasn’t sure where to post this but I’m looking to purchase an arrma and I want to know what everyone’s opinions are on the outcast 8s and the notorious 6s. I’ve been reading mixed reviews on the notorious with people saying they are having problems with them after just a few runs (servo esc diffs etc). Can’t find much on the outcast 8s. Just looking to see what everyone has to say about both. Thank you
If your looking for the most solid out of the box, I’d say go with the notorious. Make sure to purchase from an authorized dealer and retain copies of your purchase paperwork and u should be good. Horizon has been good lately with taking care of warranty claims and pretty quick too.

If your looking for the most solid out of the box, I’d say go with the notorious. Make sure to purchase from an authorized dealer and retain copies of your purchase paperwork and u should be good. Horizon has been good lately with taking care of warranty claims and pretty quick too.
Thanks for the reply. I would most likely purchase right from horizon as they have everything I need. Just didn’t want to buy something brand new and have problems with it after only a few runs like I’ve been reading about from other people on Facebook pages

Thanks for the reply. I would most likely purchase right from horizon as they have everything I need. Just didn’t want to buy something brand new and have problems with it after only a few runs like I’ve been reading about from other people on Facebook pages
They all have their possible issues. The diff issues we hear about could be from poor driving habits like landing from a jump on full throttle. (This is known to be a diff killer)

I own both trucks you mentioned and love em both. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They all have their possible issues. The diff issues we hear about could be from poor driving habits like landing from a jump on full throttle. (This is known to be a diff killer)

I own both trucks you mentioned and love em both. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cool thanks. Did you do anything to the notorious when you got it or did you just run it right out of the box and fix something when it broke? Some guy literally bought one on Friday and ran it today and he’s pretty sure the esc went bad already. I’ve had other brand trucks before that I have ran jumping flipping and just bashing and haven’t had much problems with them. Just trying to get some input on them

Cool thanks. Did you do anything to the notorious when you got it or did you just run it right out of the box and fix something when it broke? Some guy literally bought one on Friday and ran it today and he’s pretty sure the esc went bad already. I’ve had other brand trucks before that I have ran jumping flipping and just bashing and haven’t had much problems with them. Just trying to get some input on them
The one thing I will say is that they are doing new electronics so they may be working out the bugs. They would replace it under warranty if it does fail. (I understand this is a problem for some seeing as you just bought a new rig and shouldn’t have to repair, but it’s better than not getting it replaced 🤷🏻‍♂️)

normally I take all my rtr’s diffs apart and adjust fluid anyways. But this is just me .. also set end points and make sure alignment and what not is optimal for tire wear and longevity.

The one thing I will say is that they are doing new electronics so they may be working out the bugs. They would replace it under warranty if it does fail. (I understand this is a problem for some seeing as you just bought a new rig and shouldn’t have to repair, but it’s better than not getting it replaced 🤷🏻‍♂️)

normally I take all my rtr’s diffs apart and adjust fluid anyways. But this is just me .. also set end points and make sure alignment and what not is optimal for tire wear and longevity.
What diff fluid do you recommend? I see a lot of people saying 500k all the way around or 500/1mil/500

What diff fluid do you recommend? I see a lot of people saying 500k all the way around or 500/1mil/500
500/1M/500 is good on the 8S but too thick for the 6S. 100/500/20 is what I would start with on a 6S rig with open diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back