Outcast 8s Shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgumaru

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello, Newbie to the forum. Anyhow, I’m looking to change out shock oil to avoid from bending shock shaft... Have any of you changed out your oil weight other than stock?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AF.
I personally don't own an 8s. Not an expert on this rig. But I am aware of the rods bending and have read here others using 30 weight oil.( thinner than stock) And also installing 2 droop screws at each control arm. Decreasing the shock droop a bit as well to prevent rod end breakage.
Hopefully others will chime in with more info. :cool:
BTW, the New EXB 1/5 Roller will have updated shocks with enlarged shafts and beefier rod ends. Apparently a completely new shock altogether.
Food for thought.👍

Hi, i also wonder the same, how would it be with 350cst/30wt? Consider to try something else then the stock. Anyone here that have found the sweet spot for the shock oil?
Broke off a rod end today and thought it could maby help a bit with thinner oil..

Hi, i also wonder the same, how would it be with 350cst/30wt? Consider to try something else then the stock. Anyone here that have found the sweet spot for the shock oil?
Broke off a rod end today and thought it could maby help a bit with thinner oil..

Yep! I run 30 in the front, 35 in the rear. Lot of people run 30 all the way around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back