Outcast OUTCAST 8S upgrade catastrophy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
  2. Talion
Bought an OUTCAST 8S, The wires at the ESC in the rubber jacket have rubbed up and now the wires in the Jacket are showing.
I changed the Reciever bedplate from stock to 5 and the SERVO from stock to a SAVOX for 1/5th scale. I pulled the crap, non binding receiver and changed it to the 6100 AT that responds so much better and I have not had to pull the RECiever bedplate cover off to bind it. Supposed to come RTR??? LMAO
I took it to the BMX track and it handled beautifully.

Forward to now, I have driven this truck twice!
JUST behind the steering rack, and fwd Diff I sheared the truck in half.
I have pics and will put them on later.
Lets just say that ARRMA made an incredible truck RTR but, but the 1/5th scale words are crap unless you upgrade it and mod it.
Need ideas so I don't split it in half again.
I ran it on all surfaces and this lady asked me if I was trying to break it. I replied to her, "NO, Just BASHING!"

Doesn’t it come stock with the 6100AT?
Sorry for your loss.....

I’m not sure any upgrades will prevent a “split in half” scenario. What happened?

Last edited:
Interesting description I’ve beat the crap out of mine. No issues. I’d love to see a pic. I did change my radio before I ran it. Just because I hate spectrum.

Here are some pics of what is the culprit. No lube in the diffs, when it impacted it shocked the shock tower, egged some holes. I hit hard, hard on one side and if you look closely to all these stock parts, its pretty evident why it broke. The chassis is not designed to take impact, LIKE I WAS GIVING IT. I jumped it quite a few times. I didnt have a problem, but that all said. I definitley did a number on the front end. The front diff to the bedplate pushed down and the front went up and it sheared. It pays to bash, right out of your pocket ladies and gentlemen. Let me know what you think and leave a comment.

20201108_190727.jpg

20201108_190204.jpg

20201108_190036.jpg

20201108_190139.jpg

20201108_190006.jpg

20201108_190142.jpg

20201108_185904.jpg

View attachment 108571

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back