Outcast Outcast 8s with stock electronics - occasionally stops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelatocat

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi folks. Long time lurker here with an Infraction 6s and an Outcast 8s. Have a problem with the new Outcast 8s that has only been run a handful of times. It has stock electronics but I swapped the pinion for a 25t. Top speed is great. However, the vehicle occasionally freezes--no power. After 3-5 seconds, it starts working again until 5 minutes go by, and it does it again. Not a dead battery, it seems. Has anyone in this forum seen this sort of behavior on their 8s vehicles? Am I heating the ESC up too much with 25t pinion? I have been in the RC hobby since 1986, and have driven every type of vehicle (1/12 pan, 1/10 pan, 1/10 buggy and truck, 1/8th buggy and truck, etc.) and I've never seen this before. Any help most appreciated!

Best, JC

PS, I'm using Venom 4s Li-Po 5000 packs (Fly series)

Your battery is no good. It doesn't have a high discharge rate and probably hitting lvc.

Your battery is no good. It doesn't have a high discharge rate and probably hitting lvc.
Hey thanks for the quick reply. I hadn't thought about that. I've never had batteries as a limiting factor in the past, but also never had a vehicle this big. My cells are only 30c discharge rate. What batteries are folks running in the 8s trucks that are sufficient but not ridiculously expensive? Thanks! JC
I never had such a problem with similar batteries in my 8s-powered Axial Yeti XL (Castle XL2, Leopard motor)

If I change the punch to lvl 5 it should wheelie ima try it lol

Your batteries are to weak. I feel like Im choking mine out whenever I run my small 50c pack. I run minimum 100c batteries and keep the small ones as spare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back