Outcast Outcast battery box design issue -please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMAN2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Guys,

As some are aware I modified my Typhon recently and added the outcast battery box. As I was assembling the box I noticed (2) screws actually went into the battery area. The part number for the screws are AR722305
20161227_122338.jpg

There are (2) 5mm screws near the end that go on a brace that connect to the radio box.

I went to check my Outcast and
the factory used the incorrect (AR722308) screws that are actually 8mm long. These two screws are too long and actually stick out into the battery area slowly shredding the covering of your soft lipos or case of the hardcase lipos. I have (2) pretty nice wear spots in my battery because of the (2) incorrect screws.

20161227_121347.jpg

This is the damage those (2) screws did the battery

20161227_121310.jpg

Please go check your outcast battery box and either (A) replace the screws with the correct 5mm versions or back out the screws until they do not stick into the battery area.
ARRMA: This needs to be on top of your quality assurance plan.

Guys,

As some are aware I modified my Typhon recently and added the outcast battery box. As I was assembling the box I noticed (2) screws actually went into the battery area. The part number for the screws are AR722305
View attachment 4761

There are (2) 5mm screws near the end that go on a brace that connect to the radio box.

the factory used the incorrect (AR722308) screws that are actually 8mm long. These two screws are too long and actually stick out into the battery area slowly shredding the covering of your soft lipos or case of the hardcase lipos. I have (2) pretty nice wear spots in my battery because of the (2) incorrect screws.

View attachment 4759

View attachment 4760

Please go check your outcast battery box and either (A) replace the screws with the correct 5mm versions or back out the screws until they do not stick into the battery area.
I'm checking mine after work, never thought to look in there, assumed it was flat. Overly long screws have been known to jack up diff cases too with aftermarket bumpers/skid plates..Etc. Sometimes go unnoticed until problems arise or damage is already done. Thanks for sharing that.

Good pickup!

I put my fingers in and rubbed around- yes, 2 screws can be felt to be protruding.

No wonder my brand new battery has this mark after the maiden run of the Outcast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Here are some picures I took when I replaced the 8mm screws with the correct 5mm ones. You have to open the recei'ver box,simply pull out the receiver, you can leave the wires attached. Then you remove 6 countersunk screws from the bottom for the battery box. The whole thing will come out with the bottom of the radio box attached.
20161227_140439.jpg
Those (2) screws came out of the front of the battery box where they dig into the pack. Here is a picture of the correct length screws next to the 8mm ones
20161227_140857.jpg
After you replace the screws the battery box should look like this.
20161227_141012.jpg
No more screws digging into your batteries.

Here is some damage from my softcase 6S lipo from those dam screws!

20161227_140349.jpg
Looks familiar? My other packs probably have same type of damage.

Guys,

View attachment 4761

View attachment 4759

View attachment 4760

I've noticed this with my out cast..noticed a a bit of damage on my lipo checked my battery case and could see some thread sticking through so I've covered it with gorilla tape. Think it's done the trick..will look into getting the 5mm screw's at some point

Attachments

• IMAG0482.jpg
    IMAG0482.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0481.jpg
    IMAG0481.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Guys,

View attachment 4761

View attachment 4759

View attachment 4760

Yep sure enough, my brand new batts have holes in them. What a huge find, if that got too deep......well we all know what lipos do once punctured. I did a duct tape fix for now but thanks so much for sharing.

Yea I just got my outcast today and checked the batt screws and they are too long also. Bummer was hoping they would have checked this. Ill just have to correct it and get the shorter screws in there.

IMG_2975.JPG
Good pick up bro !!!
Just got mine out and ground 3mm of the screws. Arrma should be doing something about that stuff up.

Nice catch on the screws... Have to check mine later today. I'll use my dremel and shorten them.

i just stuck some velco, or think tape over the screws to prevent the battery damage..

Although I line my battery trays with thin foam, I was able to feel the screws sticking up...

I used a couple layers of thin, double sided tape. Keeps the bottom foam held in tight as well as protecting your batteries.

Yep mine too, I used the little foam pieces that came with my batteries,until I had time to take it apart and put some small washers on the screws. Not issues now. P.s Rpm wing mounts shatter the same as stock ones. Lol

I can't believe this. I picked up a brand new Outcast yesterday and after a quick first bash on 6S at lunch I saw the bottom Lipo was marked by the screw. So no second run after work, back home to sort out the pesky screw!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back