Outcast outcast battery tray does not fit kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
HI guys,
I know the outcast has a shorter wheelbase than the kraton. I sorta knew this but ordered the battery holder... It doesn't fit yay... Being specific there are two sets of dowel pin holes for the tray along with the attaching screws they aren't in the same spot along with the mounting holes. I also found my chassis was bent up front most likely because I couldn't get my front chassis brace together right because the rearward mount for the front the bolt wouldn't bottom to tighten up the counter sunk hole for some reason...

So I got new hot racing braces F+R and a new chassis

I ordered a new chassis instead of bending it back because I fear it would possibly break because aluminum work hardens like copper... So should I drill holes in the new chassis to get the new battery tray to fit? I mean the outcast battery tray is extremely good... Or I may try to 3d print an adapter out of some PETG? Ugh... Would it be worth it to drill many holes in a new chassis?

I mean with the kraton tray its garbage I kept loosing batteries from big jumps

Last edited:
Even my V2 Kraton has the holes for the newer & larger bat tray so what gives?
my kraton is the v2 I am pretty sure, I have from the day I bought it the black motor and esc and the new dboots tires that were with it, also maybe its older because arrma put super short springs on it that are totally the wrong spring. Indicating pretty sure thats the v2. And the outcast battery trays are like selling like hot cakes out of stock almost everywhere!

My chassis doesn't have the holes in the correct spot so I'm just gonna drill a new chassis lol. New chassis doesn't have the holes either, designed for the longer kraton battery tray.

Drill them out is the BEST way. For a while I used some Gorilla GLue MOUNTING TAPE, but some major crashes cause it to come loose. JUst paint the bottom of the other posts, with a bright colored nail polish and set it in. Then the nail polish will show you where to drill.

Even my V2 Kraton has the holes for the newer & larger bat tray so what gives?
Was that you that bought the Kraton that had all the V2 stuff but it had the Outcast battery tray and the new receiver box?

Odd, I bought a V2 Outcast tray from Lumidave on Ebay and it bolted right in to my V2 Kraton, the taller side guards bolted right in to.
it was totally plug and play, best $20 I've spent on upgrades.

The latest run of V2 chassis seem to have the holes already there, the earlier ones have to drill a few holes, no biggie. There is a big thread on this exact topic.

I updated my kraton to the outcast tray and it worked great. No drilling. Both sets of holes were there for either tray.

Hehey I got a v3 chassis with the extra holes for the outcast battery tray what a surprise:)

Last edited:
I have a Kraton V2, and I upgraded to the Outcast battery tray from the moment I bought it. Take a look at my two pictures.
I cut the battery tray so that the two ends can fit snugly on the chassis.
If you are looking for perfection, you can use a plastic sheet and paste it into the space that they create. And I think it does not affect me so I do not.
Let's do it my way, and it's perfectly suited.
You should not drill holes for the chassis. Because the chassis value is much higher than the battery tray.
IMG_2333.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG

I have a Kraton V2, and I upgraded to the Outcast battery tray from the moment I bought it. Take a look at my two pictures.
I cut the battery tray so that the two ends can fit snugly on the chassis.
If you are looking for perfection, you can use a plastic sheet and paste it into the space that they create. And I think it does not affect me so I do not.
Let's do it my way, and it's perfectly suited.
You should not drill holes for the chassis. Because the chassis value is much higher than the battery tray.
View attachment 13792 View attachment 13793
Function > form.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back