Outcast Outcast battery tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the outcast battery tray bolt right into the kraton?:cool:
The Kraton uses the same battery box as the Typhon and Senton and those two use the same chassis as the Outcast. So 99% sure that it would bolt right on. Look at the battery dimensions though. The Outcast battery size is a little narrower than the others.

Well...leave it to that 1%....it actually won't fit unless you drill some new holes. The new battery box is shorter so the rear holes are an inch towards the center. I took 2 photos. First is the tray against the bottom of the Kraton with the front of the battery tray lined up and the second is the chassis of the Outcast vs the chassis of the Kraton showing you the new holes.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 20161212_221701.jpg
    20161212_221701.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20161212_221801.jpg
    20161212_221801.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 134
Well...leave it to that 1%....it actually won't fit unless you drill some new holes. The new battery box is shorter so the rear holes are an inch towards the center. I took 2 photos. First is the tray against the bottom of the Kraton with the front of the battery tray lined up and the second is the chassis of the Outcast vs the chassis of the Kraton showing you the new holes.

Hope that helps!
I'm sorry that it did not work. I was planning on getting that battery box for my senton and typhon but now debating if I want to get them and try it or not.

Well I have both the Senton and Typhon and you will have the same issue. To switch to the new battery tray you would have to drill new holes or get an Outcast chassis .

I picked up a Kraton roller and some Outcast parts planning on converting it...made the mistake of putting together a Kraton with spare parts I have and damn it I'm loving the Kraton...lol. Oh well...guess I maybe getting another Kraton roller...Ha!

Attachments

• 20161212_230744.jpg
    20161212_230744.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 68
whats weird is the new 2018 kraton chassis and old kraton chassis are the same part number, and the outcast battery try has the same part number as the new kraton battery tray how does that work unless the new kraton chassis have same part number with new mounting holes for battery tray.

I bought an Kraton v2 when they went on sale to get rid of stock for the v3. My v2 has the holes already on the chassis for the outcast battery tray. It must have been an updated chassis right before the v3 came out. The last of the v2 must have the v3 chassis. My only guess. I know a couple others who have a late v2 and they have the holes already in the chassis also.

Here is a pic....

VsPsGgh.jpg

ya my chassis doesn't have those holes so your theory has to be right. thanks for the pic.
Your welcome, ive heard of people drilling holes to get them to fit. doesn't seem like it would be a big project. Just a couple holes. Hope it works for you...

Yep. I installed an outcast battery tray in my v2 without any problems. Straight swap. I guess its a V2.1 now...

I bought an Kraton v2 when they went on sale to get rid of stock for the v3. My v2 has the holes already on the chassis for the outcast battery tray. It must have been an updated chassis right before the v3 came out. The last of the v2 must have the v3 chassis. My only guess. I know a couple others who have a late v2 and they have the holes already in the chassis also.

Here is a pic....

View attachment 13638

After much searching and confusion and even Arrma telling me the outcast tray wouldn’t fit my Typhon v2, you Sir, Are right! I have the same holes on my Typhon chassis. I measured and counted the holes several times and everyone said it wouldn’t fit. I would highly recommend upgrading to this battery tray because I’ve done a couple tumbles in my Typhon and one of my wires to my LIPO battery was cut in half by the spur gear. And another time my Typhon ESC wire was cut by the spur creating a short and draining one of my battery cells to 0 which ruined it.

I bought my v2 Typhon 10/17. Just installed the outcast tray and bigger receiver box. Fit perfectly with no mods.

Attachments

• 889708B8-CFD9-46A4-A676-6A7CE6F4ED15.jpeg
    889708B8-CFD9-46A4-A676-6A7CE6F4ED15.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 70
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back