Outcast Outcast blx 185 esc settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_060983$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Looking for recommendations on the best esc setting on my outcast. Best Braking/throttle exc.... let's hear it!!

Looking for recommendations on the best esc setting on my outcast. Best Braking/throttle exc.... let's hear it!!
Have you run it with the default settings yet?

The only setting I move around is the punch. That number depends on where I'm bashing and how responsive I need it be in order to make quick changes in rotation mid flight. Speed runs on backflips are best accomplished on 1 or 2 and 8 and 9 will be hard on the crown gears in the diffs if you're on a high traction surface running bigger pinions on 6s

I'm running 37.5% brake, 50% reverse, #5 for punch. I might have 50% brake... can't remember now. I don't use the stock radio, so adjustments via the radio are a bit easier. I know I had 50% brake first, then on the radio I had the reverse EPA at 70-75% to make it less abrasive. But then I started running 6S and I think I set it to 37.5%.

When I was running 4S, I had the punch at 9 and it responded very predictably when going WOT up the face of a jump. When I first went to 6S, I thought it a better idea to start low with punch to put less strain on the diffs, so I set it to 3. This caused many unpredictable launches as the esc just stops sending power if your hard on the throttle. In my head, I was thinking it would limit power to a specific current level more so than stop sending anything at all to the motor. Then I increased it to 5, which was better, but still frequently unpredictable. I'll bump it up to 7 or 8 before I take it out again.

I'm running 37.5% brake, 50% reverse, #5 for punch. I might have 50% brake... can't remember now. I don't use the stock radio, so adjustments via the radio are a bit easier. I know I had 50% brake first, then on the radio I had the reverse EPA at 70-75% to make it less abrasive. But then I started running 6S and I think I set it to 37.5%.

When I was running 4S, I had the punch at 9 and it responded very predictably when going WOT up the face of a jump. When I first went to 6S, I thought it a better idea to start low with punch to put less strain on the diffs, so I set it to 3. This caused many unpredictable launches as the esc just stops sending power if your hard on the throttle. In my head, I was thinking it would limit power to a specific current level more so than stop sending anything at all to the motor. Then I increased it to 5, which was better, but still frequently unpredictable. I'll bump it up to 7 or 8 before I take it out again.
Can your adjustments through radio be done on the fly?
What radio?
Seems like a pain to adjust these settings if your not used to it.

The adjustments don't really adjust the esc, just adjusts the radio. Messing with the EPA much for brake kind of goofs up the esc for reverse, but it does soften the brakes.

I run a spektrum on all my trucks, just a cheap DX3C, which is old.

The adjustments don't really adjust the esc, just adjusts the radio. Messing with the EPA much for brake kind of goofs up the esc for reverse, but it does soften the brakes.

I run a spektrum on all my trucks, just a cheap DX3C, which is old.
Ahhh.... Thanks, I was wondering how they would communicate to adjust settings. That makes more sense. I think the best thing for something like that is the complete castle setup. Everything is done through a Bluetooth app.

I posted this question in the Granite/Senton?BigRock section but didn't get much response..?

Hopefully this thread gets more input, so now I can learn about this esc as I've just bought a V4 Kraton..???

Ahhh.... Thanks, I was wondering how they would communicate to adjust settings. That makes more sense. I think the best thing for something like that is the complete castle setup. Everything is done through a Bluetooth app.
Yeah. At the time, I didn't have the HW program box, so it was either do the "beepathon" programming in the field, or adjust my EPA. I did the latter. Even with the program box, it's a bit of a pin getting the fan plug out with everything ziptied/in the way. Still quicker to use that though, or the EPA.

Yeah, but none of the stickers/cards that come with it match the settings. The settings from the arrma manual match it though. I took them and put them in a spread sheet then shrunk it down so I could print it and tape it to the box. The one on the box matches my max10 sct, so I didn't want to cover it up.
2019-0410-BLX185-ProgramCardSettings.jpg

2019-0410-HobbyWingProgramBox.jpg

Thank you that was quite helpful

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back