Outcast Outcast BLX EXB RTR vs Notorious BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_Noob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm pretty new to the RC world (hence the name) and trying to understand and see the main differences between those 2 trucks.

Price: Outcast is $729.99 vs Notorious $569.99
Radio Outcast uses Spektrum DX3 vs Notorious uses Spektrum SLT3
Chassis Material: Outcast has 7075-T6 Aluminum vs Notorious 6061-T6 Aluminum
Dimensions: Both the same
Weight: Outcast 11lb 10oz vs Notorious 11lb 6oz
Motor: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 4074 2050Kv
ESC: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 150 SMART
Tires: Both use 3.8 dBoots BACK-FLIP

Now from someone window shopping, is the difference of $160 worth it? I'm looking to get one of those 2, but just trying to find some input if the EXB is worth the extra cost.

To me, it does as you are getting pretty much all the upgrades already installed on the car. This is my personal opinion. Also,the new body look is great

Depends what kind of RCer you are. Will you dive into upgrades with the noto regardless? Then buy the exb. But the noto probably doesn’t need any upgrades unless your driving is extreme.

Last edited:
I take them to the beach, do jumps and flips off ramps and what not. No skatepark stuff yet though haha.

We have in are squad the noto just waiting till hit jennys rc,I can wait for that body😱

I would go notorious and mend and upgrade as you see fit. Agree with the others the exb does look awesome.

I personally went noto. I didn't want to wait for the exb outcast and the fact it came with electronics was a turn off. I already know I'm going to break stuff and upgrade when I do. And from what I've heard the kraton exb chassis isn't much better than the rtr chassis.

If you have the extra $$ then Exb. It has all the latest upgrades that you wont need to buy. If money is tight get the notorious. You wont be disappointed with either.

I'd probably spend the extra $160 and go with the OC.

I was doubting as well, but will go with the Outcast EXB. The included upgrades justify the cost over the Noto in my opinion. Speaking of which, anyone an idea on availability of the EXB?

Interesting that the EXB route for outcast seems to have a much better reception than the talion. Maybe because there is still a v5 non exb option?

Very good information thus far. Looks like the EXB would be the most logical purchase as a hairy basher. Thanks all!

Curious though and I know im way out of my league here since I just barely got into the hobby. What about going the Notorious route and upgrade the parts to the available carbon fiber parts from Basherqueens ebay store? Is that carbon fiber stronger and lighter than the aluminum stuff that comes stock on the Notorious?

I've been hammering out videos trying to gather as much information as possible and came across a 6s Outcast video by Rich Duperbash and he replaced all the available parts to the carbon fiber and it weighed in a little under 10 pounds. Which had me thinking, if money wasn't the stopping point, would it be better to get the 6s Notorious and just upgrade to all the carbon fiber parts, and would that be actually stronger than the EXB?

Again, any information/advice is highly appreciated!

Very good information thus far. Looks like the EXB would be the most logical purchase as a hairy basher. Thanks all!

Curious though and I know im way out of my league here since I just barely got into the hobby. What about going the Notorious route and upgrade the parts to the available carbon fiber parts from Basherqueens ebay store? Is that carbon fiber stronger and lighter than the aluminum stuff that comes stock on the Notorious?

I've been hammering out videos trying to gather as much information as possible and came across a 6s Outcast video by Rich Duperbash and he replaced all the available parts to the carbon fiber and it weighed in a little under 10 pounds. Which had me thinking, if money wasn't the stopping point, would it be better to get the 6s Notorious and just upgrade to all the carbon fiber parts, and would that be actually stronger than the EXB?

Again, any information/advice is highly appreciated!
Most of the weight savings they talk about is going to smaller backflip LP tires. Put whole basher queen parts set on my Typhon and saved maybe 60ish grams.

Also the stock notorious is pretty stout as shorter chassis is less likely to bend. Just put alloy braces front and rear and you'll be good for a hot moment.

Once you start putting carbon fiber parts and such on the Notorious, you will surpass the EXB in cost. The shorter wheelbase of them 2 trucks is less bendy than the longer chassis. Unless you plan on sending that thing 20-30 feet high and 75 feet long, I'd just stick with the OC.

That's what I was/am trying to compare, if cost is not the concern would a Notorious with all the available carbon fiber parts be lighter and stronger than the Outcast EXB? From my stance as of yet since I have not made a purchase it would not make sense to purchase the Outcast EXB RTR and upgrade to the carbon fiber parts vs the stock Notorious and upgrading to all the carbon fiber parts.

I guess something as unique and as custom as this would have to be a "try it for yourself" type rig.

Outcast EXB RTR vs Notorious BLX + all carbon fiber upgrades. Which is lighter? Which is more durable? Price? I'm probably overthinking this but its just fun trying to find out haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back