Outcast Outcast BLX EXB RTR vs Notorious BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the v5 Noto and it’s awesome. I did have to upgrade the chassis to M2C though as I did jumps with it whilst the plastic braces were on (stupid of me not to upgrade them right off the bat) and bent the stock chassis.

I’d probably go the rtr personally and just upgrade as and when you need to. If you’re skatepark bashing you will bend the EXB chassis anyway. Save the money now and buy an M2C further on down the line.

Another vote for the notorious….but that’s because I already have one 😂

But I am the kind of person that only upgrades when and where needed. With that said I’d prefer to spend less up front and buy the upgrades I want. Might cost a little more in the end but I feel the difference is worth it.

Ya thats my way of thinking as well lol. As far as being new, I do have a 4s monster truck of another brand that i've had for about 5 months now and saw an Outcast and got swooned.

I'd say the OC EXB RTR is the better choice if your main interest is driving and keeping repairs to a minimum.

If your main interest is wrenching and upgrading parts with high-end stuff, then the Noto could be interesting...but this is going to cost you much more than 160$.

The EXB RTR with the better radio still remains the best choice for you IMO. I'd just go for that and send it.

Im kind of in the same boat except I have a v4 that I want to build and I am.wlndering which way to go with upgrades I already have the hot racing front and rear carriers, servo mount, center diff case rpm arms. I want to get some braces and possibly a different chassis . I want to make a exb outcast out of the v4

20210712_172655.jpg

16262946103602473068476371131678.jpg

Im kind of in the same boat except I have a v4 that I want to build and I am.wlndering which way to go with upgrades I already have the hot racing front and rear carriers, servo mount, center diff case rpm arms. I want to get some braces and possibly a different chassis . I want to make a exb outcast out of the v4

View attachment 158004

View attachment 158005
Yup, that is exactly where I am at now with my notorious. I feel like it’s still worth it in the end. Of course it will cost more but you can get better components. I’ve bought many of rollers off eBay for that very reason. Nice looking truck by the way 👍🏻

Yup, that is exactly where I am at now with my notorious. I feel like it’s still worth it in the end. Of course it will cost more but you can get better components. I’ve bought many of rollers off eBay for that very reason. Nice looking truck by the way 👍🏻
Originally I bought it off my buddies wife and she barely ran it then started building it, I added some hot racing carriers rpm arms and hot racing servo mount, then sold it to another buddy then bought it back.lol now I'm just adding to it. I just ordered the red exb towers and chassis braces and some other stuff. Reading up in these forums made me want to just add to it instead of buying the newer model. It will get there some day one thing at a time.. so she thinks.. 😆

received_1199225953853203.jpeg

received_121000830103372.jpeg

FB_IMG_1626304801805.jpg

Originally I bought it off my buddies wife and she barely ran it then started building it, I added some hot racing carriers rpm arms and hot racing servo mount, then sold it to another buddy then bought it back.lol now I'm just adding to it. I just ordered the red exb towers and chassis braces and some other stuff. Reading up in these forums made me want to just add to it instead of buying the newer model. It will get there some day one thing at a time.. so she thinks.. 😆

View attachment 158047

View attachment 158048

View attachment 158051
Same, just slowly adding when I just get an itch to spend money or something breaks (normally this one lol). Keep building it up for an awesome Basher!

If the Notorious 6s BLX RTR is a 11lbs 6oz stock weight, curious if anyone has fully upgraded to the carbon fiber parts and that weight is. Or if anyone has a weights between a stock piece vs a carbon fiber piece just to see the difference.

You may also want to consider the Kraton EXB roller if you plan to do big jumps. I started with an Outcast, and I quickly moved to the Kraton to keep the front down while approaching a jump and to have more air control. The Outcast wants to flip on its back when you punch it, and it can be pretty twitchy in the air.

You may also want to consider the Kraton EXB roller if you plan to do big jumps. I started with an Outcast, and I quickly moved to the Kraton to keep the front down while approaching a jump and to have more air control. The Outcast wants to flip on its back when you punch it, and it can be pretty twitchy in the air.
That is very true. Happens to me a lot when approaching a little too fast. If you don’t correct it soon enough it wants to front flip the truck.

I actually bought a noto solely for the ability to flip more in the air. My kraton is like slow motion flying.

I'm pretty new to the RC world (hence the name) and trying to understand and see the main differences between those 2 trucks.

Price: Outcast is $729.99 vs Notorious $569.99
Radio Outcast uses Spektrum DX3 vs Notorious uses Spektrum SLT3
Chassis Material: Outcast has 7075-T6 Aluminum vs Notorious 6061-T6 Aluminum
Dimensions: Both the same
Weight: Outcast 11lb 10oz vs Notorious 11lb 6oz
Motor: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 4074 2050Kv
ESC: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 150 SMART
Tires: Both use 3.8 dBoots BACK-FLIP

Now from someone window shopping, is the difference of $160 worth it? I'm looking to get one of those 2, but just trying to find some input if the EXB is worth the extra cost.
Acording to Jason the Arrma boss it comes with 500 dollars of upgrades. He knows his onions trust me. Definitely worth it 💯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back