Outcast Outcast BLX EXB RTR vs Notorious BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the v5 Noto and it’s awesome. I did have to upgrade the chassis to M2C though as I did jumps with it whilst the plastic braces were on (stupid of me not to upgrade them right off the bat) and bent the stock chassis.

I’d probably go the rtr personally and just upgrade as and when you need to. If you’re skatepark bashing you will bend the EXB chassis anyway. Save the money now and buy an M2C further on down the line.
Or fit a bash bar to the EXB chassis. Personally I'd wait for titanium chassis as it doesn't get worn down by the beach like the Aluminium one's do.

IMG_20210718_081526.jpg

Whats the weight of that vehicle (with no lipos)??
4.5 kgs or something like that.

I'm pretty new to the RC world (hence the name) and trying to understand and see the main differences between those 2 trucks.

Price: Outcast is $729.99 vs Notorious $569.99
Radio Outcast uses Spektrum DX3 vs Notorious uses Spektrum SLT3
Chassis Material: Outcast has 7075-T6 Aluminum vs Notorious 6061-T6 Aluminum
Dimensions: Both the same
Weight: Outcast 11lb 10oz vs Notorious 11lb 6oz
Motor: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 4074 2050Kv
ESC: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 150 SMART
Tires: Both use 3.8 dBoots BACK-FLIP

Now from someone window shopping, is the difference of $160 worth it? I'm looking to get one of those 2, but just trying to find some input if the EXB is worth the extra cost.
Definitely worth the 160 like dude said your getting all the upgrades installed already an the chassis is the main upgrade 7075 almost unbendable but it will Bend if you stomp a big enough jump my opinion go with the exb Outcast allday baby.

From looking deeper into this, it also looks lke the EXB RTR also has upgraded transmission parts too. Its kinda confusing looking at the site, am I reading that right?

From looking deeper into this, it also looks lke the EXB RTR also has upgraded transmission parts too. Its kinda confusing looking at the site, am I reading that right?
There’s no transmission in the 6s models. They are the lsd diffs. There’s about 20 different 40page threads on them with all the good, bad and ugly. When they rolled out guys where having a lot of trouble with them. I think they have been much better lately as there aren’t too many new threads about them.

I would have thought that the Outcast EXB RTR 1/8th would weight a good chunk more than the Notorious BLX 1/8th given all the upgrades to the EXB. On the comparison chart the EXB is 11lb 10oz and the Notorious is 11lb 6oz, which is not that much different considering all the upgrades on the EXB.

I would have thought that the Outcast EXB RTR 1/8th would weight a good chunk more than the Notorious BLX 1/8th given all the upgrades to the EXB. On the comparison chart the EXB is 11lb 10oz and the Notorious is 11lb 6oz, which is not that much different considering all the upgrades on the EXB.
I just got the EXB. It has active vehicle stability or whatever it’s called. I’m newish to this too and I gotta say it’s saved me from crashing or losing control a few times. Many people talk poop about it. But you can turn it off. Plus saving me from crashing it saves money. Plus the EXB has so many durability upgrades that are better for beginners.

I'm pretty new to the RC world (hence the name) and trying to understand and see the main differences between those 2 trucks.

Price: Outcast is $729.99 vs Notorious $569.99
Radio Outcast uses Spektrum DX3 vs Notorious uses Spektrum SLT3
Chassis Material: Outcast has 7075-T6 Aluminum vs Notorious 6061-T6 Aluminum
Dimensions: Both the same
Weight: Outcast 11lb 10oz vs Notorious 11lb 6oz
Motor: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 4074 2050Kv
ESC: Both run Spektrum FIRMA 150 SMART
Tires: Both use 3.8 dBoots BACK-FLIP

Now from someone window shopping, is the difference of $160 worth it? I'm looking to get one of those 2, but just trying to find some input if the EXB is worth the extra cost.
The price upgrades on the exb alone are over $500, so $160 difference is a bargain if you planned to do all the exb upgrades. Otherwise would go with notorious. Throw in the price difference on an upgrade to an AVC receiver and a DX3 remote (with telemetry capability to the app for readings and adjustments) and its definitely a better buy $ to $ buy for the exb. But to each their own, my son and I argued over this... we each got the one we liked haa haaa 😊😂.

04370BBE-B264-452B-86B2-DBFAFDA9EBB7.jpeg

Last edited:
The price upgrades on the exb alone are over $500, so $160 difference is a bargain if you planned to do all the exb upgrades. Otherwise would go with notorious. Throw in the price difference on an upgrade to an AVC receiver and a DX3 remote (with telemetry capability to the app for readings and adjustments) and its definitely a better buy $ to $ buy for the exb. But to each their own, my son and I argued over this... we each got the one we liked haa haaa 😊😂.

View attachment 205072
As you have both 6s OC exb and Noto 6s v5...

Which one would you suggest?

I am looking into outcast exb and Notorious v5 and got confused.

My requirement should be durable in terms of both chasis and electronics, should be fun and able to do stunts and backflips

I have both, they can both do stunts and backflips, there’s no performance difference between the two.

It’s more on the abilities of the driver. If you drive well and clean and can land on the wheels every time, the Notorious is fine. If you crash a lot in horrible ways, you definitely want the more durable parts of the Outcast.

I have both, they can both do stunts and backflips, there’s no performance difference between the two.

It’s more on the abilities of the driver. If you drive well and clean and can land on the wheels every time, the Notorious is fine. If you crash a lot in horrible ways, you definitely want the more durable parts of the Outcast.
Thanks a lot.
I follow your Channel.

I am planning to buy either Noto/outcast or Xmaxx.

Both are different categories but I want my next purchase of RC car to be durable and do stunts and flips out of the box with or without included gear.

Could you suggest and confirm if buying Xmaxx would be wise or should I go with Noto/outcast 6s exb

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back