Outcast BLX185 ESC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_shansen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Last night I ran my truck for about 15 minutes on 4s 5000 mah 50 c batteries (gensacearespammers) in 82-84* ambient temps. The bash spot was hard pack dirt and gravel. No speed runs, but I was running it hard. At one point, the truck stopped responding (no steering or throttle). I heard a light click sound, and the ESC fan wasn't on. I checked battery connections, and all was good. I use a deans to XT90 adapter since my batteries are deans connections. I don't have a temp gun, but ESC felt fine on the side and motor was running pretty hot. I shut it off, walked back to the car, turned on the truck again and all was fine.

Any thoughts as to what happened?

If the ESC overheats it will shut down the BEC too thus no steering also. On another note I've switched all my rc stuff to XT connectors I've had hundreds of failures with deans connectors and quite frankly I'm sort of surprised they are still on the market. The only thing I use deans for is my quick connect charger adapters and I even have trouble with them sometimes.

Finally got a temp gun and after tonight's run, ESC temps were between 130 and 140. I'll keep monitoring.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back