Big Rock Outcast body on a big rock 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evilestkdogg88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Senton 3s
I have myself a Big Rock 3s V3 and I want to add a different body to it. Will an Outcast 4s body work on the big rock? And if so, what do I have to do. Or is there ano old school body that'll work. Also, can someone point me in the direction of a good set of turnbuckles/tie rods
Big Rock 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have myself a Big Rock 3s V3 and I want to add a different body to it. Will an Outcast 4s body work on the big rock? And if so, what do I have to do. Or is there ano old school body that'll work. Also, can someone point me in the direction of a good set of turnbuckles/tie rodsView attachment 195386
You could probably get any body to fit just have to trim it up and maybe adjust body post. And for ur upgrades I don't have any 3s rigs but I guessing hot racing or GPM 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just put one on my Vorteks. The outcast is a short wheel base truck where the big rock is a lwb. The body posts lined right up with the vorteks location. If you compare the rear body posts I’m guessing you would have to add new holes for the rear mounts.

8704F4B5-5155-460A-955B-614EF0AC286D.jpeg

The Big Rock is considered a long wheelbase for the 3s 1/10 scale line (327mm). But it shares the same wheelbase as vehicles considered short wheelbase in the 1/8 scale line. Outcast/Notorious/Typhon (328mm).

So many bodies that fit 1/8 vehicles should fit a Big Rock. Here is a quick search of Proline's 1/8 scale monster truck bodies. The bodies include wheelbase specs. Most of them should work. But note that bodies for Kraton/E-Revo's have the back cut out to accommodate the tail.
https://www.prolineracing.com/pro-line/bodies/?cgid=pro-line-cars-trucks-parts-electronics-accessories-bodies&prefn1=scale&prefv1=1/8&prefn2=vehicleType&prefv2=Monster+Truck&srule=best-matches&sz=24

As for turnbuckles, I use Lunsford Titanium turnbuckles with stock rod ends. They are much more durable and won't bend like stock turnbuckles, but they don't change performance.

i bent my turnbuckles once when i had a senton and did a conversion to a Big Rock, I have since gotten better at driving and taking less tumbles and haven't had to replace any turnbuckles or A-arms since. The stock have held up well.

I just put one on my Vorteks. The outcast is a short wheel base truck where the big rock is a lwb. The body posts lined right up with the vorteks location. If you compare the rear body posts I’m guessing you would have to add new holes for the rear mounts.

View attachment 195417
So is that a v2 outcast body and did it just sit right on???

The Big Rock is considered a long wheelbase for the 3s 1/10 scale line (327mm). But it shares the same wheelbase as vehicles considered short wheelbase in the 1/8 scale line. Outcast/Notorious/Typhon (328mm).

So many bodies that fit 1/8 vehicles should fit a Big Rock. Here is a quick search of Proline's 1/8 scale monster truck bodies. The bodies include wheelbase specs. Most of them should work. But note that bodies for Kraton/E-Revo's have the back cut out to accommodate the tail.
https://www.prolineracing.com/pro-line/bodies/?cgid=pro-line-cars-trucks-parts-electronics-accessories-bodies&prefn1=scale&prefv1=1/8&prefn2=vehicleType&prefv2=Monster+Truck&srule=best-matches&sz=24
The wheelbase is the same but they are a bit wider so they probably need to be cut a bit around the wheel arches. The Notorious bodies wheelbase suits very well my v1 Kraton chassi but the wheels will touch the body when steering.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back