Outcast Body on a Nero?? Anyone??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectroNoob

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I've not really looked at the trucks side by side, simply because i haven't had the opportunity to see them both beside one another, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the outcast body on the Nero. I'm thinking it should fit, simply because they are both 1/8 scale and the BigRock is somewhat like the Outcast as far as the basic truck template goes, but I was thinking the body may not be high enough on the outcast. I dk, just curious. I really like that body. Thanks

I've not really looked at the trucks side by side, simply because i haven't had the opportunity to see them both beside one another, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to put the outcast body on the Nero. I'm thinking it should fit, simply because they are both 1/8 scale and the BigRock is somewhat like the Outcast as far as the basic truck template goes, but I was thinking the body may not be high enough on the outcast. I dk, just curious. I really like that body. Thanks
Sounds AWESOME!!! I would love to have the Outcast body on the Nero, I'm thinking epic scale trail monster truck ;)

I know. I'm hoping it will fit. I was thinking about going ahead and buying one to see if it'll work. My plans are to get an Outcast this year anyways so worst case scenario, I have an extra body available when I do.

Copy Cat LOL I know Im already ready for another haven't had the Nero for only 2 months

To be fair they are 2 completely different trucks. I love the Nero so far, but I have wanted one of the Outcast's since I saw the release. The reason I bought the Nero first was because of the extremely low price I got it for through the Tower Hobbies 3 day sale. Otherwise I would have had the Outcast first. Lol. I will have both. Probably a Kraton and a Typhon too eventually. Lol.

I have both nero and outcast. I don't think it wiuld be a goid fit. Different wheelbase and with the wing setup. Just put body on nero. No fit for a few reasons. See pic
1484949543020-709302162.jpg

The chassis is pretty much identical just the hole placement for the body mounts is different but you can drill to accommodate if not particular about how many holes you have in the bed of your truck otherwise you can get the extended Wing mount for the back of the chassis

The chassis are polar opposites. One is TVP and the other is not. The layout is completely different. They are different sizes and wheelbase. If we are talking Nero and Outcast.

1485086923376-1134618959.jpg
1485086923376-1134618959.jpg
1485086985476858828105.jpg

I did just see a Nero body on Outcast for sale on ebay. But that is larger body on smaller chasis.

China....Aliexpress..
Also ebay from china. Wait 2+ weeks. Its heavy as well.

Yeah, looks as if the Outcast body is definitely shorter. I know there isn't much out there as far as aftermarket bodies go. I was looking into some of the SCT bodies, but haven't went real far with that. I'll get around to finding a body sooner or later. I am partial to the Bug Bodies and might pick up the 1/8 Bug. I've seen it on a few Nero's and it looks pretty good. Thanks for the info and help all.

I've seen videos here of the rob duperbash with an aftermarket body. Truggy looking.

So last night I got home and was playing around with the few bodies I have for my slash and one I had from my E-Revo. The stock SCT body looks like it would fit with a little trimming on the rear. Not much. It actually looked pretty good if I do say so myself. I will post pics later once I get off work. I also tried the SCT Bronco body I had from my slash, but it didn't look the best from the side. It was close and could probably be made to look decent, but I'm not for sure how it would mount anyways. Lol. Finally I tried a Proline Bulldog Truggy from my E-Revo and it looked killer. I just have to figure out how to mount it. I'll post some pics of it as well too if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back