Big Rock Outcast Body/Tires/Wing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re gonna upgrade the electronics (make them crazy fast) and send them, you better add a wing! I learned the hard way, destroyed a brand new body, broke 2 chassis, and snapped the shock tower mounts.
563345A9-AFE1-4840-A2F0-477166CA8FE8.jpeg
D2D10015-C68B-4165-B55D-F4783B98A20C.jpeg
D23ED06D-884E-48CD-9AD8-B9E243CC34C1.jpeg

Ouch that's painful, it's got that new truck feeling, a refresh is always great. By the way just so you know i wasn't having a go at you, it just looked so nice. Hope the new chassis lasts longer and you have lots of fun sending it.
Oh no worries man. I’m still learning to Full send it and keep it from breaking. Getting down the whole throttle in the air thing. Lol but yes it does sort of have that new truck feeling!!
You mean like this 👍 just picked it up today it’s the typhoon. No Outcast in stock and I don’t want to wait and wreck the new body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 70
Part # for wing I’m using on Big Rock... same ones in video from Hardcore Rc....watching video again and going to install 🤘🏻🤘🏻

AFF18665-4F57-429B-BA30-20D47F351935.jpeg

Well here is mine for now. Ordered the outcast one from the video. Won’t be here for a week🙄.
anyways, Looks like the bat mobile from the rear. Lol

BDC6781A-C9FC-4543-9FA8-EE3CC643C8FC.jpeg

07E38B14-7982-44C5-8848-59E7F49BE218.jpeg

Alrighty!! Got wing mounted...now just got to cut body to fit over wing mount🤘🏻🤘🏻

F5371274-C4B1-47DC-847F-CCFB6F8199E9.jpeg

A801EE31-371C-45D3-B0B4-DE2D3C0C2655.jpeg

I know, I’m thinking same bout mine I sprayed bed liner on body I’m gonna see what up 1st on my lid 🤣 is that the outcast roll bar? Looks good 🤘🏻🤘🏻

I know, I’m thinking same bout mine I sprayed bed liner on body I’m gonna see what up 1st on my lid 🤣 is that the outcast roll bar? Looks good 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Yes it’s the Outcast 4s Roll bar. I have a Rhino lining stall at my work. I got tired of replacing bodies on my Rustler,so I Rhinolined the entire thing inside and out

Nice!! I used rustoleum rattle can just on outside
I think it looks cool if anything....gonna order roll bar now 🤘🏻🤘🏻

I have a wing for my Big Rock/Granite and it sucks because it is the first thing to hit the ground when jumping. They don’t last long before breaking. I guess a wing is cheaper than a new body. If you flip over you’ll never be able to roll back over using the throttle. However it will save the bed of the body from getting beat up. I took mine off and am going to try running it without it for a while.

On a side note, I’m not sure what to call my truck anymore as it started as a Granite mega and now it has the lwb chassis and Typhon arms, Typhon rear wing, a ZD Racing truck body and 17mm buggy tires. And completely brushless.
This thread is awesome. I think I might try a spray on bed liner or undercoating on the inside of my ZD Racing body. I was thinking about chemically removing the paint but I’m not sure if I will or not.

Last edited:
Aaaaannnddd DONE. Went bashing yesterday and flew like 10ft in air and landed on roof and a few side crashes. Now keep in mind I put the proline body protector nubs on it. And also hooked up the Blue body with all the goodies too

9CE39D16-BBEB-4890-82EE-06B1A214DB0A.jpeg

B44E43A0-5D60-49C5-94FD-934D3FA8A5EC.jpeg

image.jpg

I have a wing for my Big Rock/Granite and it sucks because it is the first thing to hit the ground when jumping. They don’t last long before breaking. I guess a wing is cheaper than a new body. If you flip over you’ll never be able to roll back over using the throttle. However it will save the bed of the body from getting beat up. I took mine off and am going to try running it without it for a while.

On a side note, I’m not sure what to call my truck anymore as it started as a Granite mega and now it has the lwb chassis and Typhon arms, Typhon rear wing, a ZD Racing truck body and 17mm buggy tires. And completely brushless.
This thread is awesome. I think I might try a spray on bed liner or undercoating on the inside of my ZD Racing body. I was thinking about chemically removing the paint but I’m not sure if I will or not.
What’s that body look like on there ? Curious 🧐

Wings look cool but they break. I often roll or cartwheel at high speed, it really can't be helped due to the terrain I drive unless I take it easy, and that's no fun! My Vorteks wing broke off completely yesterday. I find the best thing about the BR is that it has no wing.

I get it for speed running but not as a general bash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back