Outcast Outcast breakages- what to stock up on before holidays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tktran303

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
For those who've bashed these beasts or had more than a dozen runs, what parts have you have to purchase and or replace?

For those who've bashed these beasts or had more than a dozen runs, what parts have you have to purchase and or replace?

So far only thing that has broken on my Outcast surprisingly is my wheelie bar bracket but it is still functional. But i mainly bash on a 1/8 rc hard pack track. :confused:

Just stripped the wing mounting screws and popped off a steering link, popped right back on. Replaced screws with 4mm, doing fine now, maybe I need to bash harder or try a house jump...Lol.

Just stripped the wing mounting screws and popped off a steering link, popped right back on. Replaced screws with 4mm, doing fine now, maybe I need to bash harder or try a house jump...Lol.
I'd agree on the wing mount screws / fasteners (Note to all - you will lose the fastener not just the screw when it pops off) - I have bought the red anodized ones - this will help find them if they pop off on blacktop. I used 25mm screws to put the new ones on with

On my Outcast I popped the inboard steering ball link 30 seconds after I started running the car and it was only on 4S. I thought for a moment all the YouTube videos where all faked and done on a blue screen and it was just computer renderings... I popped the ball link back on and have beat the crap out of the car multiple runs on 4 and 6S and it has never happened again. I don't do any real crazy air but have had my share of crashes and high speed collisions without any repairs needed. I'm even running original big joe tires these are at least twice as wide and heavy as the backflip tires and have not needed to do anything but clean the truck and dust it off between sessions. Ifor I keep this up I will have to order spare tires for my wheely bar ;)

FYI the complete ball link set for the outcast is like 7.99 at tower and includes all the ball links of the entire kit even the anti-roll bar links.

Guess after hard family bash today I can add front bumper to the list....Lol. Did some big jumps and a wicked collision Outcast vs Kraton with my daughter bashing 4s. Also have to solve Kraton drivetrain issue, compliments of mean beat down, probably in center diff, already tore down front to see, all was good. I'll load vid in media tonight. Hit clean double front flip, first one with the Outcast. Such a fun basher! PS will be upgrading bumper, stock doesn't fit me well with buggy body, it was due to come off..Lol.
IMG_20161220_165614514.jpg

Wow no kiding that was a beat down. I took (2) 1/8 monster trucks an outcast and my DXR8e.....to my secret testing grounds with my 9 year old and on the second set of batteries only one of us was running a monster truck. You could not pry the Outcast controller from my boys frozen hands!!! Popping wheelies, doing donuts on the dirt and plain old school bashing. Don't get me wrong my other monster is a DXR8e not a bad model but the durabilty is just not there, front knuckles are made from glass. It's super light, jumps great, turns on a dime (thanks to some Savox love) but you can't punish it like the ARRMA Outcast.

Wow no kiding that was a beat down. I took (2) 1/8 monster trucks an outcast and my DXR8e.....to my secret testing grounds with my 9 year old and on the second set of batteries only one of us was running a monster truck. You could not pry the Outcast controller from my boys frozen hands!!! Popping wheelies, doing donuts on the dirt and plain old school bashing. Don't get me wrong my other monster is a DXR8e not a bad model but the durabilty is just not there, front knuckles are made from glass. It's super light, jumps great, turns on a dime (thanks to some Savox love) but you can't punish it like the ARRMA Outcast.
Yeah my 9 y/o daughter Angie is digging both the Outcast and the Kraton. Not sure if you watched vid 1of 2 from today, yet to upload 2, she jumps the Kraton just clearing the Outcast, thought she was going to bash right on me, she gets so excited, that was the highlight of my day. Gotta get my boy out too, but he's sick at the moment.

Another beat down as R.Duperbash calls it The outcast has been impaled by a re-bar sticking out of the ground...my boy thought he had killed it. Then I'm blasting away with wheelies do a wicked jump on the grass and it tumbles like 8 times. Outcast is unresponsive. I'm thinking I finally killed it...
20161222_160945.jpg
The hit was so hard the on/off button switched itself off. Either that or the truck wanted a break. Turned it back on and the beating continued.
Latter when I was taking the battery out I noticed the blue wire to the motor was almost completely off. So folks after a real hard hit take a quick look at the motor bullet connectors make sure they are in all the way.

And so the take away here after reading these posts is this truck is the 'Timex' of the RC world!?
Good to hear.
I am new to RC trucks with this much power...
I plan to run on a 6500MAH, 60C, 4S lipo...and installing the 16T pinion.
I just have this feeling it won't be long before I (unintentionally), put it to some harsh punishment!
Reassuring to know they are built like tanks.

I'm basically running 4S with the stock12T pinion on my Outcast. I'm also putting $26 Turnigy 5000 20C 4S batteries in this... so I have realistic expectations of what that batteries can dish out before they are damaged. I've done a couple of 6S runs but the power is so amazing everything comes toward you a warp speed. If you have good batteries 16T is probably a good idea.
I've never been able to run back-to-back packs through the truck, the motor can empty a 5000 4S lipo without rest, but I had to stop half-way through the 6S. WOT on grass really heats up the motor. A little fan goes a long way in these motors. I just zip-tie the fan direct to the motor can.
20161123_091857.jpg
The truck on top has an extra long 36mm can so I just used (2) clip on motor/fan heatsinks. With larger diameter motors or the ones with fins, I just ditch the heatsink and wire-tie the fan straight to the can.

Done around 8 hard drives. First the stearing ball popped off and I popped it back on but that did not last long had to buy new ones cheap. Now my truck only turns right makes a motor sound lol oops I bash hard I guess.

Anyone know if the horseshoe shaped shims that go on the upper front A arms of the Outcast are available as a separate part? I lost one on a run and the diagram calls it part #AR330218. When I search vendors it is a group that includes 2 A arms and the shims. Any alternatives? Thanks

Anyone know if the horseshoe shaped shims that go on the upper front A arms of the Outcast are available as a separate part? I lost one on a run and the diagram calls it part #AR330218. When I search vendors it is a group that includes 2 A arms and the shims. Any alternatives? Thanks
Maybe a hardware store ? Plastic c clip kinda thing hey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back