Outcast Outcast center diff leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlekers44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I bought a new Outcast last week and I love this truck. I have ran a few batteries through it this week just doing some light bashing. I moved it this morning and noticed a quarter sized spot of oil under the truck. It appears to have leaked from the center diff. I’m new to this. I have never had a truck with this type of configuration.
What do I need to do now? Is it easily fixable? I haven’t had time to tear into this truck at all yet, so I’m very unfamiliar with it.

I bought a new Outcast last week and I love this truck. I have ran a few batteries through it this week just doing some light bashing. I moved it this morning and noticed a quarter sized spot of oil under the truck. It appears to have leaked from the center diff. I’m new to this. I have never had a truck with this type of configuration.
What do I need to do now? Is it easily fixable? I haven’t had time to tear into this truck at all yet, so I’m very unfamiliar with it.

Make sure this scroll is tight
MVIMG_20180203_104854.jpg

If it's tight, you'll need to check the 4 screws.
If the screws are tight the only two dissemble the differential and check the gasket and the o'ring.
Also you may need to add some oil
Check this video If you decide to do disassemble it

It is easy fix and fun to do it :D
Welcome to the forum:)

Mine did the same thing, the four screws that hold the spur gear to the diff were loose. From underneath remove the three screws for the motor mount two screws from the center diff mount. From the top remove the body tower, then the four screws that hold on the spur gear cover. Remove the center diff from the vehicle and you have a few options from here....
1. Just tighten the 4 screws and put it all back together
2. Open up the diff and make sure there is a sufficient enough amount off fluid/grease in there pending on how much leaked out.
3. Or just go crazy and search this forum on shimming and tuning the diffs if you want to get into all that.

I bought a new outcast a few weeks ago and I got the same issue after only running a few packs.

I removed the center diff yesterday, and tightened the 4 screws that hold the spur gear cover. I ran it for a bit yesterday and have not noticed it leaking at all now. I believe it is fixed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back