Outcast outcast Diff/ Outdrive Oil/ Lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nabiscoa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I am having to replace the Diff Outdrive- what is the suggest weight in the Diff since i will have out, and what lube do you suggest on the gears when reputting back together, anything available at Home Depot, Amazon?

Lucas red and tacky on the outside ring gear and the fluid on the inside depends on F/C/R it’s also kinda a personal preference.
Most run 60F/300C/30R in the outcast I believe.

I am having to replace the Diff Outdrive- what is the suggest weight in the Diff since i will have out, and what lube do you suggest on the gears when reputting back together, anything available at Home Depot, Amazon?
Stock is F10k/C100k/R10k but those are really light for most people’s tastes. Most go F100k/C500k/R50k or somewhere in those ranges.

red-n-tacky on ring/pinions
100/500/100 f/c/r inside the diffs
white lightning clean ride chain lube on outdrive cups/bones/cvd joints
Ok newbie here, I have the red n tacky for the outside.... when I unscrew the diff to change that piece what fluid is best and where do I order from? Don’t quite understand all the numbers....

Ok newbie here, I have the red n tacky for the outside.... when I unscrew the diff to change that piece what fluid is best and where do I order from? Don’t quite understand all the numbers....
You can get it on amazon, team associated is one of the preferred brands.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=silicone+diff+fluid&sprefix=silicone+diff&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_13

The numbers 60/500/30 are referring to 60,000 or 60k Front, 500,000 or 500k center and 30,000 or 30k rear.

These numbers are mostly personal preferences. Some like heavier, some like lighter... ?‍♂️
Just a starting point, go from there. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back