Outcast Outcast Diff Shimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
There's been a lot of discussion about how the Outcast's diffs need to be shimmed. I have an Outcast on the way, and I've also purchased some the shims recommended. Can anyone give me guidance about which gears need shimming and how many shims of what thickness are recommended?

Thanks.

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll certainly review that video. I have the parts on back-order via Tower, and they are expected to ship in the next few days.

Edit: The video is very helpful. Thanks again.

Last edited:
There's been a lot of discussion about how the Outcast's diffs need to be shimmed. I have an Outcast on the way, and I've also purchased some the shims recommended. Can anyone give me guidance about which gears need shimming and how many shims of what thickness are recommended?

Thanks.
Were did you get the shimmy from.

Doing some ramps jumps and I broke the left side planetary gear on the front diff,didn't have any shims at the time.:(
CIMG3809.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information. What's needed to correctly shim the pinion gears front and rear?

Last edited:
Am I getting this right?

7 shims per differential? 6 on the cross pins and 1 for the planetary gear?

Looks like the washer he uses on the planetary is different than the ones on the cross pins, but those two part numbers show the same shims.

There are entire threads on this topic, so poke around. I'm running 50k front, 100k center, 30k rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back