Outcast Differential

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_060983$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I purchased the Mugen Seiki & the Tekno sets of shims then Diff Fluid.. is that everything I need to shim & changed Diff fluids on all three Diffs or am I missing something??

I purchased the Mugen Seiki & the Tekno sets of shims then Diff Fluid.. is that everything I need to shim & changed Diff fluids on all three Diffs or am I missing something??
Do you have a 2018 or 2019 model? If so you probably won't need the shims, diff shimming mainly applied to the first 2 generations of Arrma vehicles, 2015 and 2016 models that is. I really wish all these how to's would update their stuff to say this.

Do you have a 2018 or 2019 model? If so you probably won't need the shims, diff shimming mainly applied to the first 2 generations of Arrma vehicles, 2015 and 2016 models that is. I really wish all these how to's would update their stuff to say this.
I believe Its the 2018 but tell you the truth I am not 100% sure.. is there a way to tell?

If you take diffs apart, I'd say play with em. Shim as necessary. Later models are better from what I read but why not check on your own?
I'm new to diffs so I'm kinda outta place. This week though I'm learning and finding that it's still simpler than it seems.

Well, first, I'd remember the old saying, "If it works, don't fix it". But if you want to tear into it, I replace the bearings with new sealed from Avid, or Fast Eddy's, etc. Then I'd take the diff apart, completely, clean everything up with some naptha or similar, assemble dry, and understand how all the little parts work with each other. Then check for slop, or play between the gears. You might not need shims at all. On the older diffs, adding a shim over the "o" ring helps protect that "o" ring, in my opinion, and diff fluid of your choice. First time around can be a challange, but after a few times, no problem. Watch all the video's etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back