Outcast Outcast dirt guards fit on Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timritchieblue

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can someone test fit the dirt guard from a Outcast to fit on a Kraton? I'm interested in getting some, but hard to tell if they will install with Kraton side guards?

Just a test fit, but to answer my question... YES!

IMG_0483.JPG

I'll post a pic of them installed shortly

Installed, don't know why theirs a big hole on the left side? Looks like the made a servo arm cutout.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 334
I just ordered a set of these. What's with the big hole on the left is also what I'm wondering ??? Can you fill it in ? Maybe it's for future dual servo steering ?

I'm thinking the Outcast chassis side guards are taller, and fill in that area. I'm just going to run it with the hole on the left side.

On Install, you will need to remove the Arrma placard.

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 169
Took me minute to figure out the Arrma Placard, but I got em installed. They look cool and will, hopefully, help solve my problem with wood chips and pebbles getting inside.

Mine have been working great, I have had several runs with them now. Chassis is staying a lot cleaner

They do help keep junk out, but seem to block airflow and raise temps also. I've been running without mine on the Outcast for several packs and noticed a drop in temps. May cut windows out into the mud guards and hot glue some screens in if I ever remount them.

I was wondering about air flow. But my motor was warm to the ouch but I could have kept my finger on it for ever, so I know I didn't over do it. Still haven't opened my temp gun. not sure why, but It's in my glove box, in the factory packaging. I'm a dummy

Hi there,
got a set of those and was wondering if you have to use longer bolts to install them on the Kraton.

I tried the OC dirt guards but they're not very effective with Kraton's sides & body. I have a Dusty motors cover so off they went blocking air flow.

By the way, place the guards outside. :rolleyes:

I used the OUTCAST Sides as well. the combination does wonders for keeping the crap out of the inside. Temps could become a problem, with the blocked airflow, especially for the guys running the big 9200 MaH batteries. the longer run times will allow you to unknowingly burn something up. Mine seems to get enough air that nothing has ever gotten too hot. Even after a full pack of long grass speed runs.

I have the tall side guards too (not installed) but again a full dust cover is just much better.

I just installed the side guards on my Kraton and i cant seem to figure out how the front guards go on. Anyone care to help with some detailed pictures??

I just installed the side guards on my Kraton and i cant seem to figure out how the front guards go on. Anyone care to help with some detailed pictures??
There are pics earlier in this thread. You attach them to the placard. I had to find two longer screws to attach them though. Otherwise went right on.

There are pics earlier in this thread. You attach them to the placard. I had to find two longer screws to attach them though. Otherwise went right on.

Yeah i seen those pictures. They help alot. I see how it goes on now but i need to find 2 longer screws since the guards didnt come with any...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back