Outcast Outcast ESC/Punch settings/programming made easy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZted SkullZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I know the manual can be/is a little confusing and I got some pretty good info from the included video.
Anyway,I made a step by step chart that hopefully clears things up....it did for me any way!o_O

Setting Arrma Outcast Speed Control
1:TX is OFF....hold down the SET button then turn on the ESC button
2:Let it run thru the 10 beeps til you get the first green light
(Varibles Modes = the green lite flashes)

Variable 1 (1 beep)....is Low Voltage
LOW VOLTAGE LEVELS (1 green flash)
(Setting 1 Lipo....Setting 2 Nimh)

Variable 2 (2 beeps)...is Punch Setting
PUNCH LEVELS (2 green flashes)
(Punch settings 1 thru 4 are single beeps...5 is one long beep then 6 = 1 long beep and 1 short beep...
7 = 1 long/2 short beeps....8 = 1 long/3 short beeps....9 = 1 long/4 short beeps)

Variable 3 (3 beeps)...is the Brake Setting
BRAKING LEVELS (3 green flashes)
(1 beep = 25% braking...2 beeps = 37.5% braking (factory)...3 beeps = 50% braking)

Variable 4 (4 beeps)...is the Run Mode
RUN MODE LEVELS (4 green flashes)
(1 beep = Fwd/Rev (for racing)...2 beeps = Fwd/Brake/Rev (factory setting) )

Variable 5 (5 Beeps)...is Motor Wiring/reverse the wiring (not needed)
(1 beep = Reversed wiring....2 beeps = Normal/Factory wiring)

***IMPORTANT...SHUT THE ESC OFF AFTER EACH VARIABLE SETTING TO PROGRAM THE ESC BEFORE GOING TO THE NEXT MODE***

Hope this helps and here's a pretty good vid that explains things in further detail!

Thanks Twizted, makes it easy.....also $10 program card plugged into fan port will do the job.

Thank you, was just trying this for the son and driving me crazy that it didn't seem to go past punch level 4. I will try again with your interpretation.

EDIT: so that appeared to work. That is nothing like what the manual says unless I missed something.

Last edited:
Thanks man Couldn't get past 4 on the punch and inadvertently put it into NiMH and ran my new 6s down to 3.17 ,hope it's not damaged for good

Thanks man Couldn't get past 4 on the punch and inadvertently put it into NiMH and ran my new 6s down to 3.17 ,hope it's not damaged for good

Yeah, that long beep for setting 5 is very confusing. I had to use google to figure it out. As far as your battery, see if your charger will charge it. Some won’t charge when a cell goes below 3.2.

Yeah, that long beep for setting 5 is very confusing. I had to use google to figure it out. As far as your battery, see if your charger will charge it. Some won’t charge when a cell goes below 3.2.
It balanced them back up alright but it put 4980mah back into a 4500mah battery and took forever to register them all @4.2 .the cells were flicking between 4.19 and 4.2 for an hour before I got sick of it and turned it off. That was only it's second charge so it might be ok after another few cycles. Re the ESC I tried the factory reset a few times and couldn't even managed that so I've a program card ordered and I might be able to do it with that

my option 1 is locked. even tried a program card. i can't select NiMH mode. Any suggestions? All my other menus and options function fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back