Outcast Outcast EXB diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratosteve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It is my understanding the newest builds of EXBs, are coming with an open rear diff arrangement? Needing only normal shim work and fluid choice?

It is my understanding the newest builds of EXBs, are coming with an open rear diff arrangement? Needing only normal shim work and fluid choice?
I have the Kraton EXB since the end of 2021 they came with LSD in the rear and all others with that model said the same so I would "guess" it carries over to yours but don't hold me to that.

I might be wrong but I thought initially they were offered w/open diffs on the OC but there were issues with the rears for some reason and a revision was made and the LSD was added? ...or maybe the other way around?
I'm loosely gathering similar info for a build I'm planning for either a Kraton or Outcast6 EXB build from a V3 Kraton.
There's alot of information on the subject here and on YT, check out some of the associated threads.

Last edited:
Finally ripped mine apart. Rear came in lsd form, but in the minimum setting. Changed that to open with a shim kit. The center and front were both set to "max." Had to add 100k to the center. Not much fluid. The open rear is now 30k. Left the front set to max and added 2 drops of 30k. As soon as the weather cooperates, I'll see how she drives.

I think I will revisit my v2 kraton and v3 senton. Both of those have 30k fr, 100k ctr and 30k rear. At least need to bump the center up.

Finally got to run the outcast. Just ran it at the house in grass. Wheelies easy but under control. Really happy with how it goes through grass.

Made some dirt guards for the rear arms out of a kydex sheet I had laying around. Next thing I'll need to source is a fan for the motor heatsink.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back